Teenage dream; 93 San Andreas, prostop & suspenders.

As she sits last night;

Rear shock (risse Terminator) serviced and sweeeeeet.
Suspenders are in great working condition... except the elastomers. Doh.
Prostops are fitted, Bled with fresh mineral oil, and although the rear needs a little more work, they're working fine!

So, She needs a polishing, although the Mountain Cycle handbook (that Chris also had!) recommends a rub down with a scotch pad!

Anyways, here's some gratuitous pics :)

Highlights so far;

The frame is in fantastic condition!
NOTHING IS SEIZED!!!
The way-ahead of it's time front thru-axle.
Mavic 261 rims are immaculate!
Mavic headset, Pace sub 130 bars.

Bad parts;

The saddle is as comfy as a dose of clap.
I always have, and still hate the SS7s.
Bar ends gotta go.
Need to sort the elastomers - 30mm travel is not enough.
Needs some fancier cranks...

Love it :)
Hello there.
Is there any chance that you have the S/N of that frame?
Thanks.

I'll check, but why do you ask?

*edit* just seen your previous post.

Your story checks out that yours is a 94; all the features on mine are the same as yours, with one exception. I was told (and the build spec backs this up) that mine was bought in 1993 (so a 94 model year frame). All teh features point to a 93 (94) frame. Serial number 11158.

In other news, This lovely bike will soon be heading to pastures new. 😭

Last edited:

Your story checks out that yours is a 94; all the features on mine are the same as yours, with one exception. I was told (and the build spec backs this up) that mine was bought in 1993 (so a 94 model year frame). All teh features point to a 93 (94) frame. Serial number 11158.

In other news, This lovely bike will soon be heading to

In other news, This lovely bike will soon be heading to pastures new. 😭
Yes, I asked you. I'm interested in the S/N because I saw another member's claim in another post that they went back to four digit numbering for the '94. If yours have five number means that the '94 frames, which were produced in the year 93 like yours had five numbers stamped and later production of the '94 frames have four numbers.

Thanks.

Back