Teenage dream; 93 San Andreas, prostop & suspenders.

Re:

That's what I'm talking about, so, so, cool!!!!!

Agreed on the poster bikes. This, original RTS-1, Yo Eddy, jelly bean Salsa and Bollox for me. Luckily I'm working on one. :cool:

Re:

Pretty much everything that could be said has been... So I guess all that's left to comment on is that bike stand :LOL:

Equally as cool as the bike its holding up.

Agreed, one of the coolest bikes of all time, and looked like something from the future at the time. Whatever happened to San Andreas? I don't recall them doing any other bikes. Anyone know before I start Googling?

Also, used to enjoy Paul Smith's articles on suspension etc. in MTB Pro BITD. He applied (mostly) proper engineering to problems that seemed to be dealt with by intuition alone by the manufacturers.

They made about 8000 frames, 60% of those were the San An. At some point they were sod to Kinesis, but went under little while ago. They made the San An, Moho, Moho CXS (I think - it was full Sus) DNA, and a few others, including a MOHO road frame.

Re: Re:

Retro Spud":375gi56i said:
Pretty much everything that could be said has been... So I guess all that's left to comment on is that bike stand :LOL:

Equally as cool as the bike its holding up.

:facepalm:

I guess I should be flattered? :LOL: I'll do a build thread on the stand as soon as I get a few spare minutes. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Seeing as it was made in 2014, I guess it doesn't count as retro?

How big are those discs btw? They are huge for that erea...
I agree on a fancier crank, a red Kooka would add some nice colour.

Jamis Diablo":nzz74sda said:

BIG! 9" front 8" rear. the amount of float on the discs is hilarious too - must be at least 3/4"!

Cranks... I'm thinking Tioga, bullseye or maybe syncros TBH...

My_Teenage_Self":35cgehjq said:
Jamis Diablo":35cgehjq said:

BIG! 9" front 8" rear. the amount of float on the discs is hilarious too - must be at least 3/4"!

Cranks... I'm thinking Tioga, bullseye or maybe syncros TBH...

Those rotors are loud when riding with all the float!

Back