tablet advice please

Re:

ok, so looking at this :-
http://www.tesco.com/direct/hudl2-8-wi- ... wwodvVYAZw

and reading a bit more it does seem ideal for not daft money so i think a quick trip to the local tesco might be the way forward, adding the sd card also takes it up to 48g memory so i think this seems to be a good option.

as much as i get on with apple stuff the thing that majorly puts me off the ipad is the lack of sd card slot, i know i could use the airdrop feature from the phone to the ipad but it's using my camera and getting those pictures uploaded that is the main thing for me in this situation, and once uploaded i can them bin them off the card meaning i won't be using up space.

thanks for the help guys :)

Re:

Jon got a 1st gen iPad somewhere, that you could borrow while away, then send it back when you get home.

Re:

thanks for the offers of borrowing etc, but i'd rather not, i'm paranoid about damaging my own stuff, i'd hate to be in the position of giving you back a pile of broken bits!

Re: Re:

jonnyboy666":2h2gu2cm said:
thanks for the offers of borrowing etc, but i'd rather not, i'm paranoid about damaging my own stuff, i'd hate to be in the position of giving you back a pile of broken bits!

:LOL: :LOL: yeah I be the same to be fair.

Anyway offer there if you get stuck.

Re:

I mentioned before the biggest problem with android is vendors, a lot try and alter it to make the 'experience' their own and mess up a nice usable interface.

The next OS release aims to solve that to a bit more but some like samsung will probably try hard to mes it up. But not all will be updated of course.

Could be why Samsung's market share has dropped a lot. Others are just as bad. BUT you can just remove most of it if you know how.

Anyway it a 120quid tablet so don't expect iPad air2 experiences from it.

Viber and Skype will do fine for video conferencing if you need that and hangouts (default ggogle messefing app) gives cheap Internet calls now also.

I find tablets an absolute pain to use for anything other than browsing.

A small netbook does a whole lot more.

For me anyway.

Have you had a look at one of those new Chromebooks? I think they're nice. Thinking about buying one for my dad, as we bought him a tablet but he doesn't use it as he can't get on with typing on it.

I am with LGF - typing this on a £30 netbook. It does what I need it to.

Re: Re:

jonnyboy666":p0tbudbp said:
ok, so looking at this :-
http://www.tesco.com/direct/hudl2-8-wi- ... wwodvVYAZw

and reading a bit more it does seem ideal for not daft money so i think a quick trip to the local tesco might be the way forward, adding the sd card also takes it up to 48g memory so i think this seems to be a good option.

as much as i get on with apple stuff the thing that majorly puts me off the ipad is the lack of sd card slot, i know i could use the airdrop feature from the phone to the ipad but it's using my camera and getting those pictures uploaded that is the main thing for me in this situation, and once uploaded i can them bin them off the card meaning i won't be using up space.

thanks for the help guys :)
HUDL2 is pretty much the best of the budget tablets and probably punches a little above it's price tag.

Screen is good, chipset decent, 2G RAM reasonably future proofing (original HUDL just had 1G), 16G storage is about standard, really.

The advantage will be the microsd slot - which although the specs will tell you the max supported is 32G, I've got a 64G card in my first gen HUDL and it's just peachy. I think the HUDL2 supports USB OTG (like the first HUDL) so that's another option either for temporary storage expansion, or moving things on / off. (micro) HDMI out, too which can be quite useful when you're on your travels.

Just install the google launcher from Play store if you get one. They run Kitkat already, which is a decent step forward, the original HUDL is still on Jellybean, and I wouldn't necessarily expect that there will necessarily be a notable software upgrade for the HUDL2 - I can't help but think they've (Tesco) not done anything about Kitkat for the original HUDL, because the HUDL2 was always going to be around the corner.

I know there's often comments about Android vs IOS, and truth be told, I've never kept an Android phone handset for any decent period of time, so I don't necessarily think it holds true that any shortcomings or irritations people encounter on a phone, carry over to tablet devices. Biggest difference I find between them, is having had BlackBerry PlayBooks for a while, still expecting I can use the same gesture support with other tablets.

Back