Sunn Exact Ti stuck seatpost

Re:

I have seen Sunn Exacts Tis where they've cut the top of the seattube, just under the bolt, and then put a clamp on.. can be one solution once the post is out.. maybe the slit has to come down a bit further, but shouldn't be a problem for a frame builder

That sound like it would make more sense than trying to re-shape the top part of it. I did manage to get the broken bolt out though the two bosses dont line up now.

I just checked mine now, and you will lose some 20 mm, making the shim that holds the post shorter, putting more stress on future seatpost.. but still should be fine, don't know how long a standard Use alloy seatpost shim is?

Comes down to how good your local frame builder is, but that seattube top doesn't look neat

I'm thinking you'll get twice as much if you sort the issue before selling ;-)

But then I might not want to part with it! it is a bit too small for me and thats my justification for wanting to sell it now (im 6ft1). But I guess there are always longer stems and layback seat posts.
I beleive the frame builder to be of a very high standard (neil orrel), he is very experienced so should hopefully know what he is doing.
Like you say though, it would be worth doing either way

there's always that when putting time and energy into a bike - wanting to keep it :) I'm 6ft1 myself and only ride Sunns with this geometry. I have tried medium size ones like this, and the ride is great.. I've sold them all though due to one and only one itch, and that is the high seatpost looking unbalanced :facepalm: haha

Dont tell me that! Ive also been looking at splash anodising... Ive got a plotter/cutter at my studio and seeing that the stickers were knackered im thinking i could make a masking stencil for the logos and splash anodise the colour in to them...

andyparle":2xh8pm9u said:
Dont tell me that! Ive also been looking at splash anodising... Ive got a plotter/cutter at my studio and seeing that the stickers were knackered im thinking i could make a masking stencil for the logos and splash anodise the colour in to them...

How does that work?

Witchcraft with a touch if voodoo. If you already have a pre-built wickerman at your disposal its not too difficult!

Im thinking that if i mask out the shape i want and start with a low voltage colour to cover that area and then flick on masking fluid once its dry. When i do the next voltage/colour over it all the areas i have masked will be left in the original colour. Repeat this a few times going up in voltage and it should look pretty cool/mental. Im going to experiment in whatever will be left over from the seatpost

Back