Stuck Seat Post - Slide Hammer Loan Request.

Vice grip a steel rod to the seat post using three vice grips, place a 5kg barbell weight hole through the rod, clamp another vice grip on the rod above the weight and yank the weight up like heck. If this doesn’t work, don't bother with a slide hammer. I’m wondering if heat followed immediately with dry ice would break the bond?

^ Like above. If you have access to the seat-tube via the bottom bracket, you could make a simple slide hammer.

It's been soaking in Plus Gas for a week so far and I've been pouring a kettle of hot water over the outside of the seat tube twice a day. Once in the morning when it's cold having been in the garage overnight and one before I go to bed when it's cold again. Slowly does it with this one is the best approach.

White spirit and WD40 I think is the most aggressive approach. Instead of wacking it up have you tried wacking it down to get it loose?

What is the purpose of "pouring hot water" over it. Better save that useless stuff. We have an energy crisis in Europe :-D Also - it will do absolutely nothing. As well as Coca Cola. Use a torch or a heat gun when you are ready to remove it!

What is the purpose of "pouring hot water" over it. Better save that useless stuff. We have an energy crisis in Europe :-D Also - it will do absolutely nothing. As well as Coca Cola. Use a torch or a heat gun when you are ready to remove it!

It's an aluminium frame buddy, I'm scared to even walk past it with a blow torch hehe

Latest posts

Back