Show us your Scott!!

Oops, I'm wrong. It did come with the XC originally. Didn't know the XTR was still from the 9xx type, back than.

WimVDD":31jtdbgt said:
Oops, I'm wrong. It did come with the XC originally. Didn't know the XTR was still from the 9xx type, back than.

OK! This is an XC, yes, and it looked pretty beat to shit when I opened it. Elastomer dust...

I'm also interested in knowing what kind of specifications/dimensions I need in my search for suspension OR rigid fork, as I'm kinda new to all this.
I imagine that there's more to it than I assume.

Bike feels so good to ride, so I really hope I can find what I need quickly and get it back on the trails.

svartframtid":344z4cse said:
WimVDD":344z4cse said:

OK! This is an XC, yes, and it looked pretty beat to shit when I opened it. Elastomer dust...

I'm also interested in knowing what kind of specifications/dimensions I need in my search for suspension OR rigid fork, as I'm kinda new to all this.
I imagine that there's more to it than I assume.

Bike feels so good to ride, so I really hope I can find what I need quickly and get it back on the trails.
You need an unthreaded 1 1/8 steerer fork. These XC pop up from time to time on ebay or here on Retrobike for decent prices. You'll just have to measure the length of the steerer tube.

Re:

WimVDD":h7yvyh1f said:
You need an unthreaded 1 1/8 steerer fork. These XC pop up from time to time on ebay or here on Retrobike for decent prices. You'll just have to measure the length of the steerer tube.

Thanks!
Do I need to remove the current fork for that, or can it be done (by estimate) without removing?

In new fork: Look for 1 1/8" threadless, same size as current fork (or longer and cut), and similar width (wheel clearance) - what about "travel"?
Any other parameters I should be aware of?

Nobody I've asked yet thinks that a non-suspension fork is a good idea, so I guess I don't need to ask about rake... haven't been able to find a suitable one yet anyway (am looking for a Scott fork of similar vintage, or else maybe a Kona p2 if that would work...).

Sincerely,
Never swapped a fork before

Re:

As far as I remember, this one came in rigid and suspension version, but I don 't know if there is a difference in frame angles.

Best thing is to remove the current forks so you can measure the steerer tube. But first check condition of the headset; when a new one is needed, it's stack height will be decisive for steerer tube length.

Maybe ask help from someone who has done this before. ;)

Re: Re:

WimVDD":2sln7mgy said:
As far as I remember, this one came in rigid and suspension version, but I don 't know if there is a difference in frame angles.

Best thing is to remove the current forks so you can measure the steerer tube. But first check condition of the headset; when a new one is needed, it's stack height will be decisive for steerer tube length.

Maybe ask help from someone who has done this before. ;)

Thanks! I've managed to get the fork off, and the headset has been inspected by a more experienced friend - looks good.

The steerer tube measures 170 mm - any suggestions / recommendations on forks that would look/work well on this bike?

svartframtid":4mrb8d6m said:
Anyone know any details on the rigid forks that came with the (95) team/comp racing models? Ritchey?

The forks of the 95 Models are Spinner

CHRI5T":3iw633de said:
svartframtid":3iw633de said:
Anyone know any details on the rigid forks that came with the (95) team/comp racing models? Ritchey?

The forks of the 95 Models are Spinner

Are you sure? I've been looking for more info on the rigid 1995 models too but I don't find that information in the catalog. It just says "CroMo double butted". The 1991 version has Spinner (I have one and it has the stamp on the dropouts), the 1992 SRP 1 (Specialty Racing Products) fork and the 1993 Tange Big Fork.

Back