Show us your Scott!!

skolioza":slifbiu3 said:
90 Boulder x2 ;)
IMG_1425.JPG

Can anyone tell why some Scott models - as the '90 Boulder - apparently have both
(a) brake cable routing brazed-on noodles on the seat tube (see the skolioza's Boulders) and
(b) rear brake bridge cable stops (see http://www.scottmtb.cz/_data/scott-a-ka ... t-1990.pdf)?

Here's another example:

I can't find this particular model with the noodle - as in the pic above -anywhere:
http://www.retromtb.pl/katalogi.htm
http://www.scottmtb.cz/znacka-scott/scott-a-katalogy/

The reason I'm particularly interested in Scott right now is that some of their models have many things in common with my mystery frame: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=377616. Especially I'm interested in the noodle and the top mounted cable routing combo - for the latter, they have even trademarked the concept as Stratocaster (page 5: http://www.mtb-kataloge.de/Bikekataloge ... tt1992.pdf)...

Attachments

• ScottCompRacing.jpg
    ScottCompRacing.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 1,085
Re:

Depends of sizing as I know
Small frames (like my white/green posted above) usually had brazed routing, or clamp on seat qr (mid '90)
Bigger sizes (like back/white on same picture) had usually bridge stoppper

Also You should remember, Scott offered more versions as were printed in catalogues (details, colours or even models) - '90 Boulder is good example of this:
in catalogue green/white with rear canti brakes and bridge stopper, also available in black/white with rear canti brakes, and with ubrake rear brake in both colours - all versions with bridge or brazed tube depends of size

IMHO Your frame is not a Scott (fex never seen frame larger than 16" with brazed routing)

Re:

Another Scott-related question: A friend of mine tipped me off about the below pictured bike being available locally, and while it looks solid enough I haven't been able to find much solid information about the model. Does anyone know whether it's aluminium or steel, or where it fits in the old Scott hierarchy (components suggest mid-range)?

Ska_rmavbild_2018_02_12_kl_17_01_41.png

Re:

Racing Series was allways the top serie from Scott
Comp Racing was usually lowest model in Racing Series, but that's still 3rd or 4th model in rigid frames from the top of catalogue!
That example is from '94, frame is build from cro-moly Ritchey tubes (all frames from Racing Series in this year was maded from cr-mo steel), from this photo looks very original and not much used

Re: Re:

skolioza":2z79xyx7 said:
Racing Series was allways the top serie from Scott
Comp Racing was usually lowest model in Racing Series, but that's still 3rd or 4th model in rigid frames from the top of catalogue!
That example is from '94, frame is build from cro-moly Ritchey tubes (all frames from Racing Series in this year was maded from cr-mo steel), from this photo looks very original and not much used

Thank you, that's very helpful. I'll have a look in the morning and see if it's still for sale, would make a great basis for a new drop bar MTB...

Re:

Hi Scott fans,

I'm a bit of an interloper here as I'm more of an early saracen fan. However I picked up this old Scott Windriver (89'?) today. I bought a Saracen from the same old guy then he told me to say he had this in his shed and it had to go. It's not really my cup of tea though it looks like a great old bike. It's too big really for me too.

I've blown the cob webs off of it and given it a quick wipe down. It needs a full service, new chain and cables etc. The saddle isn't great. The wheels are my own as the ones on it were mis-matched, one a dark grey Wolber AT20 and the other a silver Saturae X28. The tires are shot and the spokes are a little rusty. The hubs, though dirty are surprisingly ok.

Not sure wether to strip it for parts and bin the rest or sell it whole. Thought it might be nice to show you first in case any of you are waiting for one to show up. I've been looking for over 10 years for a 1990 Saracen Traverse Comp in 17"! Either way love to know what you think. I thought it was too nice and interesting to go pass up.

Attachments

• IMG_6125.jpg
    IMG_6125.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 934
  • IMG_6124.jpg
    IMG_6124.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 927
  • IMG_6123.jpg
    IMG_6123.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 927
  • IMG_6122.jpg
    IMG_6122.jpg
    261.8 KB · Views: 926
  • IMG_6121.jpg
    IMG_6121.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 925
  • IMG_6120.jpg
    IMG_6120.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 931
  • IMG_6119.jpg
    IMG_6119.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 935
This is my Scott. It's a 1991 Windriver and I bought it... last week. The story: I owned one back in 1991 (my first "real" bike ever), sold it some years later because I needed money for a new project, regretted selling it but never saw one popping up on the 2nd hand market. Untill this one was sold on German eBay last week. I didn't hesitate so now, a copy of my first bike ever completes my bike collection.

Attachments

• LRES.jpg
    LRES.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 771
  • windriver action.jpg
    windriver action.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 767
Re:

This one from the same year as my Windriver (but from a higher level in the Scott-hierarchy) arrived today: a 1991 Pro Racing (Columbus Max OR tubing).

Attachments

• Scott Pro Racing 1991_LR.jpg
    Scott Pro Racing 1991_LR.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 595
Re: Re:

troje":3eolehcn said:
That Pro Racing is high on my wanted list!

It has been on mine since 1991. :) Three weeks ago I bought a 1989 Olmo "50th Anniversary" in Max OR tubing (just because of that tubing) and all in a sudden this one popped up on Ebay. So now I have a Max to sell (but it won't be this Pro Racing ;-))

Back