Show us what you did today, thread

Went for a road ride with the inevitable result - spotted an interesting track

But first I had to climb 500ft in a mile

...and venture through blood-letting alley

(if you're on blood thinners, then you'll know what that stuff does to you :) )

But it was worth it because I discovered a new path through the woods

Well today was meant to be the far north gravel ride that Brian posted about last week, short notice and a long way north for many.
There was a big turnout, well if you count me and my multiple personalities ;) and even they were calling me Billy no mates.
This ride I decided would continue on to Altnabreac from a start point near Loch More then turn off the loop and head west across the flow country and up over some big hills to Forsinard for a cup of coffee and some cake.
It was looking a bit wet around the place up here this morning but was due to clear but I still allowed to get a bit wet from a shower or two, thankfully though the day just kept improving and I missed the rain completely.
The ride to the station was not as enjoyable or as quick as it usually is as over the winter the fast orange sand/gravel has had tons of big chucnks of blue metal stones laid on it for the estate which makes for about 7 of the nine miles to the station very rough indeed. Thankfully from the station turnoff to the west there is still the nice clay/sand road and while there is a lot more climbing and descending on this part it is a nice road to ride on.
The only drawback or pain today was the really heavy wind from the north west, it was up around 30mph in the high country and it was cold as well. Out the wind it was quite warm. As you can see for big sections this is really open country and there is no hiding from the wind. At least on the way back it wasn't so bad. I stopped at Forsinard and had a coffee and cake after stopping at the viewing platform. It was a quick turnaround as I didn't get going out there until late morning and with a round trip of just over 6 hours it was getting late.
I ended up doing about 76klm and about 5 of this was on tarmac, into and out of Forsinard. The rest was gravel/sand/dirt road, most of which was fairly good condition. This is wide open country out here and there isn't much about, least of all people. On the dirt sections I had one car from an estate come past me on the 3 klm climb from the tarmac on the Forsinard side and one parked car a bit further on. About a dozen though on the tarmac section.
All in all a great ride in some nice weather. Took a good few photos to maybe try and entice a few people up next time ;)
The Trucker also rode perfectly as it usually does. It feels really nice on the sand and gravel and handles it very nicely.
Off tomorrow morning early for Brians ride on the Black Isle. Maybe see someone there :shock:
Hope everyone has had a good day as well :)

Jamie

IMG_0900 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_0903 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_0909 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_0911 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_0926 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_0932 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_0956 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_0960 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_0976 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_1002 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_1011 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_1020 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Re:

the weather has been crap lately so i made this.......oak,cedar,mahogany,holly and possibly sapele...

Attachments

• 60063721_10157236944596873_6768261618271780864_n.jpg
    60063721_10157236944596873_6768261618271780864_n.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 674
  • 59926826_10157236945441873_1460265851025358848_n.jpg
    59926826_10157236945441873_1460265851025358848_n.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 674
Poor Jamie no mates. :)

I ended up not being able to go on my own ride, but I had a good excuse. Shame, it looks like it was something different.

I'll make it up to Jamie by giving him all my spare 20" tubes...

Gibbleking, that a fine looking piece of work.

dyna-ti":x9ftdq8u said:
That is lovely Jamie. But whats with the paving slabs seemingly in the middle of nowhere ?

Them there be tombstones. Jamie has been trespassing on ancient burial grounds, the Gods will not be happy with him.... :shock:

Back