Admin help please; “Show us your Diamond Backs!!!” Thread inaccessible 🤷‍♂️

Bike Creatively

Old School Hero
Good morning folks!
I’m hoping an Admin can help as the “Show us your Diamond Backs!!!” thread I set up no longer seems to exist and the previously used link below produces the error message attached. (Am I just being dumb? 🙈 )
There were some great bikes on the thread so fingers crossed we can get this sorted 🤞
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• C602817F-3C51-4B05-B3B7-D7F004C17313.jpeg
    C602817F-3C51-4B05-B3B7-D7F004C17313.jpeg
    57.8 KB · Views: 4
Oh Gawd! This is so frustrating for everyone involved! 😣 I guess I’ll go and make sure I’ve got two factor authentication set up on everything 🙄 Thanks for letting me know!
If it can’t be recovered I’ll have to set up another thread and ask everyone in the Retro DB Facebook Group to post a bike to get it off the ground again… Absolute nightmare! Seems like a lot of good threads were lost 😞

Thats a shame. When you have another started make sure you ask to have it added to the manufacturers list, all which seem to have survived.

Thats a shame. When you have another started make sure you ask to have it added to the manufacturers list, all which seem to have survived.
Yeah it’s well annoying! I’ll wait to hear whether the thread is recoverable first but that’s really good to know and if necessary I will do cheers! 👍

I think there are a lot of threads missing. The sea of stickies has gone among a few others I no longer see regularly updated.

Must be a right pita to restore as the site evolves by the minute.

I don't know this particular platform but perhaps they are in a deleted items folder that is only cleared down periodically?

@john please could you confirm if it's worth waiting to see if this thread can be recovered?
If not I'll start a replacement at the weekend...
Thanks

Sadly as per posts elsewhere a few sticky threads were lost. Can recover key posts but not able to recover 1000 posts in a thread. TBH likely easier to start a new thread

Sadly as per posts elsewhere a few sticky threads were lost. Can recover key posts but not able to recover 1000 posts in a thread. TBH likely easier to start a new thread
Hi @john
It's been a while, but I'd now like to resurrect this DB thread, so when creating a new one which of the following paths should it be placed under?
Forums Mountain Bike --> 1997 Reader's MTBs --> 1997
OR
Forums Mountain Bike --> 1997 Retro MTB Chat
Also @mk one advised adding it to the manufacturers list, but how do I go about doing this?
Are there other things that can be done to ensure it survives if god forbid something similar occurs in the future?
Thanks
Nathan

Please add the new Diamond Back thread here - retro mtb chat.

Not sure what is meant by manufacturers list in this context?

Back