Show us what you did today, thread

Well not today but yesterday was Global Fatbike Day once again.
Similar to last year, Caleb joined Brian and myself for a ride down Brians locality. Brian and I on our trusty Pugsley and Caleb on his Baby Fatty. That may be it's last ride as he is rapidly outgrowing it.
We headed out through Strathpeffer and this time upwards to the stone circle then followed the hill along it's side slowly climbing to emerge up on knockfarral. We then rode along the top and descended down the Dingwall side and then rode back along the valley on the Peffery way to Strathpeffer station and then back up the road to the deli for another warming cuppa and some cake. We did stop there on the way through to start this loop when we had some coffee and bacon rolls for lunch.
Weather was glorious, sunny, dry though very icy and very cold. I don't think it got above 0 degree all day.
Brilliant afternoon out riding, just getting back on dark, which was cutting it fine with no lights between us. Caleb and I then drove back up the road before it was too icy.

Jamie

Untitled by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Wow! Things are really quiet in Macretro land lately.
I hope everyone is doing OK and managing to get a few rides in here and there.
I spent Easter down in Aviemore visiting with family and friends who came up so we could all spend the weekend together. We had a big static caravan. It was a very nice weekend away. Now they aren't bike people but they also aren't the best morning people either ;) So that meant I slipped the Pugsley and the Jack Taylor into the van. As in previous years get togethers, in Callender and in Helensbrough that meant I would get up early, go for a ride for a few hours and return to head out to breakfast and the day together.
We arrived Friday afternoon. Saturday morning was sunny and I was on the track for Loch Morlich by about 7.30 on the Pugsley. it was nice but had a few spits of rain. Just spent my time following the path to Glenmore and exploring the tracks heading south on the other side of the road. Great fun. It was good to be out on the Pugsley, now sporting a 1 x 9 gear setup. The rest of Saturday was spent dodging rain showers.
Sunday, back up at the crack of dawn, though this was a daylight saving dawn today, not that it would change much as it was -2, heavy fog and ice all about. I stepped out of the van onto the plastic decking to discover those little puddles were very much frozen. Jack Taylor was loaded, a second procrastinated coffee was had before I ventured out and into the fog. It was fine once out and the road and footpath were ice free. i decided to stick with the track heading up to Glenmore and Loch Morlich and see what the weather was doing higher up. After a mile or two the fog started to clear and while it is meant to be an all weather track, it was still muddy in some places and frozen in others. The Jack Taylor handled it in it's usual relaxed, confidence inspiring stride. This bike is a real sweet ride.
Up past Glenmore and loch Morlich towards the Ski lifts/mountain train when I thought I better start making my way back as I had been gone a few hours. Not before stopping at the Pine Martin bar at Loch Morlich for a bacon roll and a coffee.
I was going to head out again before leaving this morning but it was a steady drizzle so gave it a miss. heather and I stopping in to see Brian and Sheena on the way home. A nice Easter break.

Latest posts

Back