Show us what you did today, thread

Sorry Jimo, don't know much about them but I always thought they were pretty decent downhill machines.
Are you going to use it or after it for the bits?

Jamie

Re:

Was going to use it as a donor bike to kit my mrs's Zaskar frame out, but I'm going to take it for a ride first to see (although tbh I have no room for another bike, least of all a retro dh bike :facepalm: ).

Hopefully if it's cheap enough you can make it back by selling the frame on.
How's the shoulder now?

Jamie

Re:

That's an option. Shoulder is OK now thanks, it's this feckin cold that's stopping me getting out on a Bike (and I get very grumpy when I can't go for a bike ride, Mrs jimo will verify this :LOL: )

Today was a slightly better day weather wise than it has been for a while.
It was also a day of two halves riding wise.
The snow was falling late last night so I was hoping it would still be lying for when we got up so we could have a ride in it before it went away. Last year we barely had a day of decent snow as we are too near to the coast. There was a bit on the ground when we got up and so we loaded the big Dummy with Calebs sled hooked up, and off we went for a relaxed few miles locally just playing around and with Heather and Spot joining us. It was a good two hours out with the family just rolling around enjoying the sunshine and snow, though it was very cold.

Family photo:
DSCN3300 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSCN3279 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSCN3302 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSCN3279 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSCN3288 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Then after returning home, doing a few chores, having some lunch while warming up, I thought seen as how any snow left was turning to slush, I had better get the Pugsley out for a few miles. It was getting even cooler and the sun was quickly heading away for the evening so a few miles out around the lanes near home was going to have to do. It was a bit more frozen by now and the slush was freezing quick but the tyres on the Pugsley just plow through and grip to anything. Thankfully there were a few nice miles where nothing had been on the road so it was still nice powder. Another nice ride, but to be honest it's pretty rare to have a bad ride these days. Thankful for each one, whether it's solo or with friends or family.

My ever trusty Pugs
DSCN3309 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSCN3329 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSCN3323 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSCN3330 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Once home and everything away we went into town for dinner of fish and chips and burgers. Nice way to end a lovely Saturday relaxing at home.
Hope everyone else had a good day where ever and what ever you were doing.

Jamie

A nice relaxing way to spend Satuurday

Re:

Great photos, Jamie!

Looks lovely there, from the comfort of my sofa. :shock:

That pug looks very weird, with the huge wheel/tyre set up. But it obviously works and is fun too, and that's what counts mate!

Re:

Great wee story as usual Jamie

Today I went for as bit of xc on the Gleniffer Braes. The first time I've had the mountainbike out since my off at Gt this time last year. The ice and snow made it great fun but hard going. It was relatively warm , the sun was shining and there was no wind. A lovely day.
I made use of the official GoPro handlebar mount I got for christmas but I'm a bit disappointed about the vibration evident in the footage.
Here's a link to the edited video. I'm still a novice and experimenting with the camera and editing software .

https://vimeo.com/199489468

Hopefully I can get back out on the trails more often and get my bottle back

Re:

Looks great to me! :cool:

I have recently got a chest mount for my GoPro copy. Hope to try it out soon.

Then I 'll have to workout how to download the footage. A big challenge for me!

Hi Hawmaw :)
I think it's a great video and understand what you mean about the vibration. I had a homemade mount on mine and also used a helmet mount.
Here's a video from our macretro run at Aviemore a couple of years ago, the one where ZZ had his off near the end. The first half I have my handlebar mount view but it kept falling down so then for the second half, or last quarter put it on the helmet mount. Prefer the helmet mount but seriously don't like the look :) :)

https://vimeo.com/73995775

Jamie

Good work Hawmaw. Keep experimenting, I know I can get lost for hours editing and fiddling with different angles.
Vibration not too bad for a handlebar set up, what makes it look worse is there's nothing else in frame given any perspective. I found helmet mounts can do the same. With the bar mount, see if you can mount on the stem. Having the bars in shot can make it seem more stable. Alternatively, mount the camera under the bars so the camera weight is at the bottom, or the seatpost.

Like the shots looking back at you, one of my favourite uses for the bar mount.
Loads of different mounts available but cost can soon mount up. Here's a wee one from my first Whistler trip using just the bar mount.

https://vimeo.com/26522393

Back