Show us what you did today, thread

Attachments

• who-wouldn-t-want-the-convenience-of-a-bicycle-and-a-caravan--$14108161$326 (Small).jpg
    who-wouldn-t-want-the-convenience-of-a-bicycle-and-a-caravan--$14108161$326 (Small).jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 435
velovan? I thought that was Velo's Armenian cousin :)

OCP wrote:
Sorry Jamie, I know yer not surly or fat

I wouldn't be quite so sure of that mate ;) Maybe grumpy and chubby :)

Me: 'Mum, when I grow up I want to ride singlespeed bikes'
Mum: 'You can't do both son' ;)

Jamie

Saturday had a few things going on but managed to get out between showers late morning for a quick blast on the Big Dummy to make sure some of the new bits and pieces worked OK in case I had to send them back.
A few weeks ago when we picked the beast up I ordered and quickly received his Magic Carpet seat, Flightdeck with fittings and also the U Tubes, the side rails at foot level. The U Tubes I received were for the newer generation of Xtracycles and fitted on but instead of a spring loaded clip that locks them in place they came with a bolt, which wouldn't work on mine. Sent them back and was told they would order the right ones in, didn't think I would see them until well after Christmas but was surprised when they rang on Thursday lunch to say they were in and just wanted to check my address before sending. I did think that they may ask for more money as the other set in the country I seen were post Brexit imports and the price has almost doubled due to the week pound. Thankfully they didn't ask for any extra and didn't ask for any postage either. They sent them Thursday afternoon and, remembering that they are a fair size, mounted onto a big cardboard backing, they arrived Friday afternoon by Royal Mail sent from London Green Cycles, really good guys to deal with I must say. Anyway early Saturday we fitted them, put his temporary bars back on and tried them all out. Perfect! The one thing I wasn't expecting was that because the rails are further outhe can put his feet on them easier than the small foot bar close to the frame, he said they were much better and he didn't need to use the bar ends that I mounted higher up for foot pegs.
To be fair we really just used it for an excuse to go and put some miles in, he loves it which makes me very happy, he wants out on it all the time. It even carries the three of us.
Then just after lunch Heather and I were off to see Rogue One in 3D. Brilliant! More in line with the original 3 than the later ones. Loved it.

Jamie

DSCN3192 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSCN3187 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Re:

Woke up earlier than expected this morning (given how many festive beers I'd consumed yesterday! :LOL: ), looked out the window... YES!!!!! It's snowing! :mrgreen:
Like a kid at Christmas I packed the bike in the van and headed out, the snow was still coming down so I decided to stay fairly local, didn't want to get stranded in the snow on Boxing Day!
Had a good ride around Kirkhill Forest just outside Aberdeen, once the snow stopped the sun came out and it was fantastic :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_20161226_114832_389-800x800.jpg
    IMG_20161226_114832_389-800x800.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 345
  • PhotoEditor-1482755504904-800x578.jpg
    PhotoEditor-1482755504904-800x578.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 345
  • 20161226_103034-600x1067.jpg
    20161226_103034-600x1067.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 345
  • 20161226_103233-800x450.jpg
    20161226_103233-800x450.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 345
That does look great :)
Nothing but a bit of rain but 70mph winds ripping the place apart. We got off fairly lucky so far with just the back fence ripped out the ground.

Jamie

That looks fantastic Jim, perfect conditions.

Batten down the hatches Jamie, surprised you didn't take a bike out for a spin in that weather lol.

New bike at xmas and still not been out on it yet, today hopefully though.

New bike for Christmas....... :) don't keep us in suspense.........

I may get for a ride later this afternoon once I finish trying to fix the fence.
I want some snow like Jimo :) that looks perfect, we have none here at all today :(
Hope everyone has had a great Christmas.

Jamie

Back