"See how easy it is to do business with me...?"

Re: Re:

kermitgreenkona88":3fuzr7fu said:
Bernie the bolt, or should that be bung :?: :?: :LOL: :LOL:
Quite patently it's Lomax.

Nobody throws a party like Bernie.

Has more fun dead, than most of us do alive - he's the life of the party!

Re:

It is massively ironic, but such is the power of money in this world. If you are rich enough you can kill people, exploit entire nations, rewrite history. Bribing your way, legally or not, out of a bribery charge is the tip of the icebernieberg.

kermitgreenkona88":1w625pge said:
Bernie the bolt, or should that be bung :?: :?: :LOL: :LOL:

:)

I thought it might be referring to Bernard Miles, who did those Mackeson beer ads on telly many years ago - "looks good, tastes good and by golly it does you good". Which isn't far off that other Bernie's attitude to money. ;)

David

highlandsflyer":2prdn4pk said:
It is massively ironic, but such is the power of money in this world. If you are rich enough you can kill people, exploit entire nations, rewrite history. Bribing your way, legally or not, out of a bribery charge is the tip of the icebernieberg.
This.

It's the irony that brought a wry smile to my face - a legal bribe to get out of a trial for an alleged illegal one.

Well that, and I can't see Bernie without picturing Jonathan Silverman and Andrew McCarthy propping him up, and that whole "Bernie! You're an animal!" scene, followed by his girlfriend tottering downstairs whistling and humming a tune, in something of a daze.

Maybe he's the first Sith, and used the dark side of the force to influence the weak minds of his prosecutors.

But then I should remember Occam's Razor... money talks. Mrs Merton said it best: "So, what first attracted you to the millionaire Paul Daniels?"

So Bernie gets busted for giving a bung, then gives another bung to get off with giving the first bung.

Is that correct or have I finally gone senile?

superstar1":2wyt60ov said:
So Bernie gets busted for giving a bung, then gives another bung to get off with giving the first bung.

And not only that...

Isn't the recepient of the alleged bung, doing porridge because of it, but it never actually happened, because of the 60 mil advance directly to "go". That's gotta smart a bit, even more than lemon juice in a paper cut.

superstar1":b61v6w60 said:

That's about the size of it. Meanwhile Bernie's old mucker Max Mosley is straw-clutchingly using the new European ruling on search engine results to expunge those tabloid pics of a few years back from the public consciousness. It's all go in the world of "old codgers who run motorsport"....

David

Neil":3g9fp06m said:
superstar1":3g9fp06m said:

And not only that...

Isn't the recepient of the alleged bung, doing porridge because of it, but it never actually happened, because of the 60 mil advance directly to "go". That's gotta smart a bit, even more than lemon juice in a paper cut.
The sudden about face to ambiguousness by Grabcashky as the star prosecution witness having cast sufficient doubt on the case as to warrant a "court settlement", will inevitably go in his favour.... no bribe, no bribee, no briber, so he walks free... Basically one of the defence team got to him

unkleGsif":3c5o0j5n said:
Neil":3c5o0j5n said:
superstar1":3c5o0j5n said:

And not only that...

The sudden about face to ambiguousness by Grabcashky as the star prosecution witness having cast sufficient doubt on the case as to warrant a "court settlement", will inevitably go in his favour.... no bribe, no bribee, no briber, so he walks free... Basically one of the defence team got to him
I doubt the banker is going anywhere soon.

He was convicted and admitted it, as I understand it - it's not like new evidence has come to light or Bernie found innocent - and he admitted the payments were made, so there doesn't seem grounds for appeal.

Money talks...

Latest posts

Back