Saracen Race Elite build.

Cheers DSP and Street :D I purchased another Saracen on ebay for 70 quid and these tyres were on it. I just couldn't resist robbing them for the race elite :LOL:

Stunning work you have done there Dendy, Another rescued saracen is always a good thing !

Its looks an absolute peach (or should I say Cherry or strawaberry), It looks pristine and I can tell you are proud of it, I would be too :cool:

I have noticed that some of the estay saracens have side cable guides and some top, My dad's has side with option for magura hose also, is there any logic in the side or top routes and do they all have magura capabilities ?

A Saracen meet is most definitley needed soon :D

Cheers again all.. Yes GM I will admit I am very proud of it.. It's my first project and I have spent an awful lot of time sorting it out. Also, because Saracen was my ride back in the day I will always have a soft spot for them. So much so that I have what looks to be a purple 95 terra trax I am now working on and a mid nineties kili flyer frame waiting for powder coating... :LOL:

I am not sure about why some of the estays have top and some side routing in regards to maguras. Maybe someone can shed a little light on it :?

z-max were OEM for this - thats why they look 'right'

you lose points for not finding a larger frame for me though....

;)

legrandefromage":13mn6y1x said:
z-max were OEM for this - thats why they look 'right'

you lose points for not finding a larger frame for me though....

;)

:LOL: Originally I was led to believe it was a 15.5" and was glad to find it was actually a 17.5"

Co-incedenciometer in melt-down

Wow the amount of co-incidences here are amazing

I just got one of these in fab condition, courtesy of RBer "MikeC"

While having a google to try and find out stuff and maybe date it I found this thread!

Mine might be a different year to yours though as though having the Wolber rims, it differs in having DX hubs - it's even red just like yours

Mine has mish-mashed components too

So as you picked up LX/DX as you theme, I'm picking up DX for mine, if I can't get all the DX I need I'll fill in the blanks with XT

Great looking bike you've built!

This is my nextr project too. Although mine is going to be hated as its not exactly going to be stock, more what I have in the shed...

Frame is awesome though.

Back