Ron cooper page

I recognize Phil's Cooper from Bike Forums... mine dates to the mid seventies and is fitted with a mix of Campagnolo, Zeus, and Sugino.

It had more Zeus parts when I acquired it but the lovely Zeus high flange hubs / Weinmann wheels were in bad shape and the rear hub was cracked, and the Zeus derailleurs were in horrid shape.

The day to day / training wheels are some Suzue hubs laced to Araya red labels, the high flange Campy / Mavic wheels and tubulars I have are race only. The pedals are Suntour Superbe... they don;t get any smoother than this.

It is the finest road bike I have ever owned.

2012cooper1.JPG

Here, hopefully if attachment files show, is me with my Ron Cooper around 1988. I bought the frame new from Ron Coopers shop in Honor Oak in 1975 and still have it. The frame is still in its original paint and in quite good condition.

Attachments

• Ron Cooper 40%  2 083.jpg
    Ron Cooper 40% 2 083.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 893
Re:

Here I am when I used to race it, in the Royal Navy Cycling Club, 1976

Attachments

• n691216633_244337_9443_zpsqeeqzssi.jpg
    n691216633_244337_9443_zpsqeeqzssi.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 881
Re: Re:

MatBH5":1hyvj2iz said:
Brilliant photos and what a lovely bike. So good that you still have it.
Cheers, maybe now I have retired I should dig it out of the shed and restore the rest of it, frame wont need anything but the rest of it will.

Re:

You should.
I have a Cooper (early-90’s) and it’s a stunning frame.
Sought after too (as are the old parts).
Mat

Re: Re:

Peter Charlton":2e5b52em said:
MatBH5":2e5b52em said:
Brilliant photos and what a lovely bike. So good that you still have it.
Cheers, maybe now I have retired I should dig it out of the shed and restore the rest of it, frame wont need anything but the rest of it will.

Dig it out of the shed, Peter.

Back