Ron cooper page

Dave Akam I believe. A High Wycombe clubmate of mine back around '68/69 had a Ron Cooper that he bought from the man himself, previously ridden by a very good - but soon to disappear from the racing scene - young rider named Steve Smith from Woolwish CC (I think?). When he took the 'bar tape off to rewrap them he discovered they were drilled out like Swiss cheese! As he was a 'big lad' he binned them -quick!

Dave Akam I believe. A High Wycombe clubmate of mine back around '68/69 had a Ron Cooper that he bought from the man himself, previously ridden by a very good - but soon to disappear from the racing scene - young rider named Steve Smith from Woolwish CC (I think?). When he took the 'bar tape off to rewrap them he discovered they were drilled out like Swiss cheese! As he was a 'big lad' he binned them -quick!
Correct

1642567174275.jpeg

Re:

I don’t think I ever posted a photo of mine : not a great photo
It appears to have some mysterious gear changing system on the handlebars but the rear mech looks like a Shimano 600. Is it a homemade Di2 or something top secret russian from BITD?

It appears to have some mysterious gear changing system on the handlebars but the rear mech looks like a Shimano 600. Is it a homemade Di2 or something top secret russian from BITD?
They are Kelly Take Off levers.
Bike is stripped now and the frame & fork is in the loft awaiting inspiration for a build!

Attachments

• D228B7E3-9F05-48FC-853D-0B0D768AF858.jpeg
    D228B7E3-9F05-48FC-853D-0B0D768AF858.jpeg
    139.1 KB · Views: 11
They are Kelly Take Off levers.
Bike is stripped now and the frame & fork is in the loft awaiting inspiration for a build!
I've never heard/seen those before. Maybe i'm not old enough😆. When did they first appear? Pretty good idea though i imagine.

Back