Roberts roughstuff

My rack turned up from over the pond and no import tax to be paid!

I’m not enjoying my record shifters, always preferred fixed or if using gears the simplicity of Downtube shifters.

On order are a pair of nitto b132, simworks hungry stem, dia compe non aero brakes, grepp tape, NOS simplex Downtube shifters, some fancy brake cables and also some brass ferrules and end caps.

I’m going to also ring Argos in the morning and book my bike in for some work. Bottle cages are a must, any other ideas while it’s in? Also should I keep it blue or get it in the best colour that a bike can be painted (which is obviously purple).

My rack turned up from over the pond and no import tax to be paid!

I’m not enjoying my record shifters, always preferred fixed or if using gears the simplicity of Downtube shifters.

On order are a pair of nitto b132, simworks hungry stem, dia compe non aero brakes, grepp tape, NOS simplex Downtube shifters, some fancy brake cables and also some brass ferrules and end caps.

I’m going to also ring Argos in the morning and book my bike in for some work. Bottle cages are a must, any other ideas while it’s in? Also should I keep it blue or get it in the best colour that a bike can be painted (which is obviously purple).

This was already great. It's going to be superb.

Braze on ideas: I've always been impressed by the brazed on spoke holders that some bikes have on the chainstay, holding (2 or 3?) spokes to double up as a chain stay protector. The Raleigh Randonneur has had them, I think.

Rack installed. All parts have turned up but the bars. Gave in and ordered Rene Herse extra light tyres.

Attachments

• BF443795-1491-4F97-8229-28EDF651C7E4.jpeg
    BF443795-1491-4F97-8229-28EDF651C7E4.jpeg
    502.3 KB · Views: 20
Back