Roberts roughstuff

Love this build. Just a thought, does that rack brace not go under the steerer and bolt to the back of the fork crown? Would make the rack more horizontal??

Sorry, I might totally incorrect and out of line!

Love this build. Just a thought, does that rack brace not go under the steerer and bolt to the back of the fork crown? Would make the rack more horizontal??

Sorry, I might totally incorrect and out of line!
The rack is 100% straight, just the angle of the image. There is no hole in the back of the fork crown. I’ve put the bars on now so will take a picture to show what I mean. Just waiting on the tyres.

When a few things sell to clear up funds my next purchase will be a nitto seatpost and a new chainset. I’m thinking maybe a triple from spa.

Tyres turned up from Sven cycles. Old compass stock and badly sun bleached. I’ve emailed them to return and exchange. I know, first world problems.

Not great service from Sven, but they’ve always been responsive for me, so hopefully will get you sorted. If they want to offer the tyres out cheap given the damage, drop them my details!

Not great service from Sven, but they’ve always been responsive for me, so hopefully will get you sorted. If they want to offer the tyres out cheap given the damage, drop them my details!
It’s not a massive issue but at £95 a tyre you’re paying for the best.

I have been riding it to work the last few days. I stopped being a bike mechanic (20mile commute each way) and this week started a new vocation (3 miles each way) so while it’s not far, this is an absolutely fantastic bike. One of the best I’ve rode.

This was up for sale to make room but I’ve put a bike in the loft to make room for this. It rides too nice and is perfect for over winter.

Got a Phil wood BB, Spa chainset with triple ta rings and ta self extracting bolts to fit. Also have Berthoud bag turn up the other day and just ordered some matching mudflaps.

Still to buy is a nitto s83, Dynamo setup and Paul canti.

Attachments

• 1EF1D0C9-B519-40AA-BAB4-49946D357A55.jpeg
    1EF1D0C9-B519-40AA-BAB4-49946D357A55.jpeg
    852.7 KB · Views: 34
Phil bottom bracket and chainset fitted. New chain and cassette, mudflaps added, new seatpost (deda with decals removed).

Now just to book it in with Argos for bottle cages, Dynamo routing and some new paint. What colour? Purple?

Attachments

• E5C2E99E-3FBA-4D73-8595-EBBE74DEA637.jpeg
    E5C2E99E-3FBA-4D73-8595-EBBE74DEA637.jpeg
    863.6 KB · Views: 20
Back