Road Riders

epicyclo":1wv7ypnc said:
I like this idea, but I'm puzzled.

It's a Retro ride, so obviously a fatbike is the required steed.

And what's the road equivalent of the cliff leap that I've seen at the retro rides I've been on.

So where can I find a fat road bike and how do I avoid being the designated leapee? :)

:D

:cool:

PS - is the leapee not the one over which the Designated Leaper leaps?

I may be wrong but I get the impression that when Kaiser bumped this up he wasn't suggesting a one off organised MacRetro meet but more kind of informal (is that the right word?) rides. Something along the lines of the "east coast rides" mountainbike thread. Post on here about a week or so before you plan to go out and see who shows interest.
There's plenty of MacRetro regulars who enjoy a road ride and there's a few Road section regulars who are in Scotland but don't appear to come here very often.

Having said that there is still the opportunity for some willing person to organise a MacRetro National road run ...

Hawmaw":14jfwjm6 said:
I may be wrong but I get the impression that when Kaiser bumped this up he wasn't suggesting a one off organised MacRetro meet but more kind of informal (is that the right word?) rides. Something along the lines of the "east coast rides" mountainbike thread. Post on here about a week or so before you plan to go out and see who shows interest.
There's plenty of MacRetro regulars who enjoy a road ride and there's a few Road section regulars who are in Scotland but don't appear to come here very often.

Having said that there is still the opportunity for some willing person to organise a MacRetro National road run ...

Your not wrong. Definitely on the informal side, as well as weekends I believe a few of us have days of during, simply post up if your heading out and see if anyone would like to join.

out most Saturdays in sunny lanarkshire (except this one, bloody cold/flu knocked for 6), all welcome

There is someone in Lochaber but I can't recall who. Approx 20 miles from FW but not sure in which direction :roll:

Back