Campagnolo. MTB or Road Mech?

Iwasgoodonce

Old School Grand Master
Sorting through a random bag of junk that I took with me to the Repair Café we did yesterday. One bike by the way. 12” wheels! I was at least able to adjust the young gentleman’s brakes so they would at least retard his progress slightly. They really didn’t seem to have been designed and manufactured with the aim of slowing down even a tiny bicycle!
Anyhow, I found this:

5C428C08-CE65-4B67-AA57-4B54EFED136A.jpeg

I have quite large hands. That is a long cage mech which is why I have posted here. I have no idea as to which model it is? I first got it in the very early 90s. It was on my first proper road bike; an Alan from the 80s. I got the impression that the bike shop had removed and replaced certain components before selling. This mech seemed out of place to me even back then with its long cage. Ofmega and Superbe Pro made up the rest of the components. They also replaced the rims (Olympic Montreal) with clinchers (MA2). They gave me the old tub rims just in case. Still got them somewhere!

Any ideas as to what it is?

Sorting through a random bag of junk that I took with me to the Repair Café we did yesterday. One bike by the way. 12” wheels! I was at least able to adjust the young gentleman’s brakes so they would at least retard his progress slightly. They really didn’t seem to have been designed and manufactured with the aim of slowing down even a tiny bicycle!
Anyhow, I found this:

View attachment 719750

I have quite large hands. That is a long cage mech which is why I have posted here. I have no idea as to which model it is? I first got it in the very early 90s. It was on my first proper road bike; an Alan from the 80s. I got the impression that the bike shop had removed and replaced certain components before selling. This mech seemed out of place to me even back then with its long cage. Ofmega and Superbe Pro made up the rest of the components. They also replaced the rims (Olympic Montreal) with clinchers (MA2). They gave me the old tub rims just in case. Still got them somewhere!

Any ideas as to what it is?
I would say it’s Euclid, due to some details like the p knuckle.

@27motorhead would you know?

I would say it’s Euclid, due to some details like the p knuckle.

@27motorhead would you know?
Hmmm... there’s a thread on this forum
somewhere with the differences between the Campagnolo MTB groupsets, but can I find it... no! 🤷‍♂️

I might be thinking it’s more Centaur only because it looks like a medium cage rear mech (I used to own one back in the day) and I’m pretty sure Euclid only came in long cage... happy to be correct however!

I’ll see if I can find that thread... 🧐😆

There's a few helpful threads. Here's one:

I did remember reading somewhere that Euclid came with a barrel adjuster, whilst Centaur didn’t (as per catalogue above), but pretty sure my “Centaur” medium cage rear mech came with one?! 🤷‍♂️🤯

Then there’s the later groups, Icarus, Olympus and Record OR...

Back