Road cyclists and hydration

Re:

Mike Muz 67":2lsxpzwl said:
Well , it's not worth getting in a tiz about WM , just wear what you like . I used to get comments about wearing black socks . All I had at the time . Seemed to have come into fashion now though . Not a fan of these loooooong socks though . Just ride your bike and enjoy it . F'uk what others think at the end of the day . If they don't want to ride with you , they don't have to .

Mike

I don't let it bother me, its about getting out and riding your bike like you say. Maybe it would have a few years ago but not now :p

There are sometimes people from the Roadbike and Mountain bike groups that will not budge at all and are stuck in their ways :)

I admire people like Graeme Obree who question every part of a bike and why it has to be done this way :cool:

Re:

I have new white socks on today , but there's a reason for that . The Tour is in town , and I'm getting kind of into it . Wearing my old BCF stuff !
Didn't time triallists have to wear all black many moons ago ?

How things change

Mike

Re:

I have black socks that go nicely with my red shoes, and white socks that go with my white shoes.... sad isn't it. :facepalm:

Re:

I have black socks that go nicely with my red shoes, and white socks that go with my white shoes

....but which handbag to take?

What is this, cycling in the city? :p

Re: Re:

NeilM":25i0un5e said:
I have black socks that go nicely with my red shoes, and white socks that go with my white shoes.... sad isn't it. :facepalm:

Yes . Even more so when you let us know about it Neil .

I don't let it bother me that roadies don't acknowledge me when I'm out on one of my mtbs . F''k them . Just satisfy myself with the knowledge that I can - probably - kick their arse should I meet them on mine .
What has started to bother me though , is when I'm out on my '99 Fisher with V-Brakes or my '02 Fisher 29er with V-Brakes and I see someone on a retrobike . Feel guilty that I'm riding something so modern ! :oops: Makes me want to go home and pick out one of my oldies :cool:
Back to original topic , bottles for short mtb/road rides , Camelbak for long mtb rides .

Mike

Re:

My snapped bike was a 93 dbr axis. Was gutted when it broke :-(

I guess I'll have to see what the reactions are when I see my first roadie as a roadie.

Logic.Al":7jfg0a99 said:
I guess I'll have to see what the reactions are when I see my first roadie as a roadie.
Look out for the 'cloud of gloom' hanging over them, all serious roadies have one.

If they smile, nod, wave, or say hello (I do all four) then they are not a 'serious' rider.

You're not wearing an mtb helmet with a peak are you?

Re:

Seem to remember Miguel Martinez AND Cadel Evans wearing peaked helmets to start with IIRC

But they were soon put on the straight and narrow !

Mike

Logic.Al":28cno8ek said:
For added effect I might wear my fox flux with the spoiler too ;-)
Excellent, that and the baggies will really get you some serious scowls.

Back