Road cyclists and hydration

Logic.Al":1hscz5l7 said:
I shall be breaking a few rules on that list. I'll be using off road shoes, a camel back, Baggies and the visor :) I'll only buy one type of cycle shoes and I refuse to wear lycra anyway.
That's fine, as commuting doesn't count a road riding.

I don't use a camelback when road riding because I don't own a camelback, and refuse to pay the same for a water carrier as my entire riding outfit cost.

Logic.Al":24wtrav3 said:
Why do they all use bottles? Why not use a Camelback? Is there a specific reason?

I think it spoils the sleek looking cut of their tops :?

NeilM":2q5sto2m said:
That's fine, as commuting doesn't count a road riding.

Of course it does, even going the shop on a Raleigh 20 is road riding, on account of you do it with roads.

Bats":36x0y5zn said:
Of course it does, even going the shop on a Raleigh 20 is road riding, on account of you do it with roads.
No, sorry, it only counts as road riding if you are wearing the correct lycra, preferably in full team kit.

Logic.Al":3iv7435e said:
I've not used bottles since I had a frame snap from a loose bottle cage bolt which loosened the boss then caused the frame to crack.

Me too , was yours one of those alloy Giant TCR POS too ?

So my road ride to work on a road bike , whilst wearing lycra , counts ? Phew , I can sleep tonight now .
I always use bottles on a road bike , never wear a Worlds top , and acknowledge other cyclists , even if :shock: they're on their mtbs .
Off road , I use a bottle for short fast rides , or for Retro rides , a camelbak . 'Cos , let's face it , we're gonna be out all day , aren't we !
Retro road rides , a bottle or two . Filled with water , just to help with digestion of large volumes of cake .

Mike

Re:

Any cake except carrot . 'Cos that's just wrong !

Cake and veg in the same thing ?Ooooooh . Makes me want to chunder just thinking about it !

Mike

Re:

The road cyclist rules book is what put me off going out with my local bike group.

I even had a rather heated debate last night about my current fitness build and why I have decided against drop bars :)

Re:

Well , it's not worth getting in a tiz about WM , just wear what you like . I used to get comments about wearing black socks . All I had at the time . Seemed to have come into fashion now though . Not a fan of these loooooong socks though . Just ride your bike and enjoy it . F'uk what others think at the end of the day . If they don't want to ride with you , they don't have to .

Mike

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":drdjgtki said:
Well , it's not worth getting in a tiz about WM , just wear what you like . I used to get comments about wearing black socks.

Apparently there used to be a BCCA kit rule (now abolished AFAIK since the merger with BC) stating that only white socks could be worn in competitive events....because white is of course a nice practical colour for cyclo-cross. :roll:

Whoever thought that one up must have had shares in either (1) a sock factory or (2) Persil. ;)

David

Back