Ritchey Plexus

This fork is 99 ish. RS Sid SL which was the high end of SID line.

The 98 SID fork had shorter lower legs then the 99. Seems strange seeing a this fork and knowing that only has 63mm of travel. :?

Anyone has a 98 Sid to sell ? :)

I'm looking for one of these and other Ritchey components.

I hope next weekend I can ride it :roll:

Cheers

João

mechagouki":v4a0253s said:
unafraid -are you sure that Ritchey road bike wasn't a cyclocross bike called a SwissCross? Did it have cantilevers or sidepull calipers?

Nope, it was a full-on race road bike.

unafraid":1nuzgwb5 said:
mechagouki":1nuzgwb5 said:
unafraid -are you sure that Ritchey road bike wasn't a cyclocross bike called a SwissCross? Did it have cantilevers or sidepull calipers?

Nope, it was a full-on race road bike.

That's very cool! can you ask the guy for pix? I would love to see the bike.

Ready to roll now..

2hdwhm1.jpg

New wheels - Mavic Crossmax 1st gen.

Cheers

Liking everything about it except the tires. If you wanted to go with non-black tires, I think white tires would look more the part than the green (you have several large areas on the frame that are white that might complement it), but I think I'd put black ones on if it were mine. Congrats on getting it together.

you're a lucky man. the plexus is a sweet frame.
i'd recommend to put more ritchey wcs stuff on there. especially replacing the bulky syncros stem would look better imho. i'd replace the cranks too.
enjoy the ride!

Great frame, not a big fan of Ritchey but always loved Plexus. With crossmax looks so much better :cool:

Thanks everyone,

Inigo Montoya":14st3thq said:
i'd recommend to put more ritchey wcs stuff on there. especially replacing the bulky syncros stem would look better imho. i'd replace the cranks too.
enjoy the ride!

Thanks Man,

I really felt lucky when I found it lost in the store.

WCS stuff is the objective but is not easy to find :(

The Syncros stem just dont mix with the rest but I dont have another in 1'' to replace :(

I would like to replace the tires for WCS ones...

cyb":2uizwkrn said:
Great bike! I love steel frame :D
I've a question for all plexus experts: I've seen a lot of plexus frames and some of them have the seatbolt on the front (as this one), some other have it on the back, near the conjunction of the downtube and the rear tubes... :?:

cyb

i think that the ones whit the bolts on the back is the "real" ritcheys and the once whit the bolt on the from is the france made FRM, plexus copy
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=88517&highlight=ritchey+plexus

JayEmme":2tn8yy1x said:
Thanks everyone,

Inigo Montoya":2tn8yy1x said:
enjoy the ride!

Thanks Man,

I really felt lucky when I found it lost in the store.

WCS stuff is the objective but is not easy to find :(

The Syncros stem just dont mix with the rest but I dont have another in 1'' to replace :(

I would like to replace the tires for WCS ones...

Hi. If you are still looking for 1" ritchey stem I have a nos 130mm I could sell you. It is the same as you find on my plexus on the last pics in my thread...

And lovely looking with the cross max and Sid. One sweet ride!

Back