Retrobikers bucket list

dyna-ti":1ulhi6gg said:
Note*
Not sure what a bucket list is :?

My best guess is: a list of things that you'd like to see and/or do before said bucket is well and truly kicked.

David

Do a Clive Peacock - a slightly different take on going postal.

It'd be tricky, like, 'cos I'm not a postman right now - but it wouldn't be the first time sacrifices have to be made for art...

FMJ":2e9xvr0y said:
lumos2000":2e9xvr0y said:
so what would be on your list?

ill start with a trip to marin county to ride the repack :D

Fairfax Pat may want to chime in, but from what I understand, Tam has had a radar enforced 15 mph speed limit for some time now. Kurt Vonnegut was indeed right.
Repack is on a different ridgeline from Mt. Tam. There is a general 15 MPH speed limit in the whole Water District here in Marin, which includes Mt. Tam and Repack, but don't let that bother you, I don't! I think I have seen Rangers with speedguns maybe twice in the last ten years. :D :D Pat

That's good. I remember reading something in MBA years ago about a run-in some of them had with a radar ranger.

FairfaxPat":3hsdshl2 said:
FMJ":3hsdshl2 said:
lumos2000":3hsdshl2 said:
so what would be on your list?

ill start with a trip to marin county to ride the repack :D

Fairfax Pat may want to chime in, but from what I understand, Tam has had a radar enforced 15 mph speed limit for some time now. Kurt Vonnegut was indeed right.
Repack is on a different ridgeline from Mt. Tam. There is a general 15 MPH speed limit in the whole Water District here in Marin, which includes Mt. Tam and Repack, but don't let that bother you, I don't! I think I have seen Rangers with speedguns maybe twice in the last ten years. :D :D Pat

its ok i very rarely do anything above 15mph ;)

oh and to ride the BR 101 which streches down the east coast of brazil, ive travled it but not by bike yet

I want to do 60mph :LOL:

I already have the first and most important component of my build.

Note: The other items in the photo are for scale ;)

Attachments

• DSCN0455.JPG
    DSCN0455.JPG
    193.7 KB · Views: 1,337
Ride the Repack
Do the Great Divide race or Tour Divide
Take part in the Trans Provence
Leadville
Ride moab
Ride Colorado
Paris Roubaix sportive
Paris brest paris
Le Eroica
3 peaks CX
LeJoG
Escape from Alcatraz Tri
Hawaii Ironman
Marathon des sables
Comrades marathon
Western states endurance run

Well you've got to pass your time somehow :LOL:Hoping to have a go at the 3peaks this year and some are just pipedreams. I don't think I'll ever get to Hawaii unless I keep doing Ironman till I'm 90! and the GDR is a long shot too :(

Back