2000 Marin East Peak build

Sorry of course, derrr! They’re Z5 series
ah nuts, yer sorry, your stuck with 85mm.
cracking and wholely underrated fork, I love my 100mm variant, they've been bomb proof apart from my own idiot hands braking a pump rod by turning the foot nut the wrong way. lucky for me they were still available back then.
open bath, so a flip upside down and give em a little compression to squirt some oil over the seals. a dab of silicone grease under the dust seals doesn't go a miss either. word of warning, don't leave them upside down they leak past the seals.

servicing is pish easy, an upper leg can be down without dismantling further than the top caps, a lower leg and seal replacement is 2 foot nuts.

ohhh, thems coils not air. sorry, my misunderstanding. I have a set of z5 flylights.

I have a vauge recollection that the difference between 80 and 100mm on coils was the top out and bottom springs, you flipped them round and got more travel. means a full strip down.

the 130mm version needed a new pump rod.

Cheers mate, I’ll take your advice there. I did get some silicon grease for the Hope piston seals and I have some oil, it’s 10 weight which could be a bit heavy? I’ve been told by my motocross riding lunatic friend that if I mix it 50 % with 5 weight that will make the 7.5 specified by Marzocchi. Do you think it’s worth buying some 5 or just using the 10?

ohhh, thems coils not air. sorry, my misunderstanding. I have a set of z5 flylights.

I have a vauge recollection that the difference between 80 and 100mm on coils was the top out and bottom springs, you flipped them round and got more travel. means a full strip down.

the 130mm version needed a new pump rod.
I’ll have to download the service instructions and see if it’s possible to adjust the travel.

I’ll have to download the service instructions and see if it’s possible to adjust the travel.
don't bother with the service manual, they are all the same and don't give details on travel change, only the specs for the 3 levels. you can read the manual for a z2 and do a service on a z5 they are that simple. I think it was the owners manual that had details on the travel change.

don't bother with the service manual, they are all the same and don't give details on travel change, only the specs for the 3 levels. you can read the manual for a z2 and do a service on a z5 they are that simple. I think it was the owners manual that had details on the travel change.
cheers, I will have to find the owners manual 👍 the servicing I’ll be ok with, I managed to understand Donny Darko after watching it only 15 times lol 😂

Back