Retrobike

I guess there is only so many variations you can build and this site has probably seen them all, wether it be road or mtb. Judging by the responses or lack of them to build threads are people just becoming bored with it ?

Re:

I don't think so.
Plenty of readers mtb threads with double digit numbers of replies.
The Schwinn replica bike thread has 170+ replies!

There's still plenty of different build combinations to be done and hitherto unfound bikes to resurface imo

kingbling":1b8eu7s4 said:
I guess there is only so many variations you can build and this site has probably seen them all, wether it be road or mtb. Judging by the responses or lack of them to build threads are people just becoming bored with it ?

^^
This, I like the engineering-heavy builds these days and the tip/skip rescues, but much of the rest, well.... meh.

Re:

i think Mike is on to something. Well organised in advance rides would revive the site.

I have tried to get involved, but the overall experience has been very negative. Almost as soon as you suggest something, there are detractors and such.

The other sites I frequent don't seem to suffer the same problems, we just get on with it.

Re: Re:

jimo746":2fy15jkw said:
I don't think so.
Plenty of readers mtb threads with double digit numbers of replies.
The Schwinn replica bike thread has 170+ replies!

There's still plenty of different build combinations to be done and hitherto unfound bikes to resurface imo

Looking at the traffic it's still very limited.

highlandsflyer":1zu5e9vi said:
i think Mike is on to something. Well organised in advance rides would revive the site.

I have tried to get involved, but the overall experience has been very negative. Almost as soon as you suggest something, there are detractors and such.

The other sites I frequent don't seem to suffer the same problems, we just get on with it.

Then you organise a ride but have no takers is off putting to say the least.

kingbling":4ax2oeuo said:

I think this is bang on. Bitd ridiculous bikes were turning up left, right and centre. I logged on everyday to see what gems had turned up.

Now they're all here. Everything that I am interested in can be found outside a few that may not even be bikes anymore. Still worth coming here but little actually new to see. Getting the rides back up and running could be a route though.

kingbling":2mi33mhe said:
highlandsflyer":2mi33mhe said:

Then you organise a ride but have no takers is off putting to say the least.

Totally agree mate. I have tried a few times and have suffered nothing but abuse.

Ach, I suppose there will always be some who will continue to kick about on RB.

Where the hell else have we got to go :LOL: :LOL:

And it likely means I'll need to stick my hand in my pocket to help fund things.

Bugger :cry:

Re:

I was thinking of doing Longun's Peaks ride, but looking at the 230ish miles each way, I must admit it does seem like a lot of driving. I do love the Peaks though, been walking in the area where the ride goes.

I'm on the South Coast. If there were rides in the counties near me, Kent, Surrey, Hants, Wilts, Dorset, even Devon, I'd show up.

Or I'd even plan holidays so I can include an organized retro ride in it. Actually meeting other Retrobikers, is always good for catching up and meeting people you only know through a keyboard. Look at the Mayhem threads for example, before and after.

Not meeting, not organizing anything, sharing banter and fun riding times together will - I think - have an inevitable consequence of loss of interest.

Mike

Back