Retrobike

Re: Re:

jimo746":3mfenoin said:
I don't think so.
Plenty of readers mtb threads with double digit numbers of replies.
The Schwinn replica bike thread has 170+ replies!

There's still plenty of different build combinations to be done and hitherto unfound bikes to resurface imo

176 now - Build it and they will come :LOL:

must admit that my build threads are quite detailed, so a good 1/3 of those 176 are probably my posts... :roll:

shamobius":2shd5kwl said:
The photo-bucket implosion was a real gut-punch. So many amazing bikes that you now have to use your imagination to 'see'. The dialogue on the older threads remains, but hard to appreciate without the visual aids...

...nail on the head there - that has really messed up hundreds of lovely build threads, probably making people say "f*ck it", as it'll take ages to redo with another source.

Glad I use Flickr.

Bollox64":z35edo5p said:
shamobius":z35edo5p said:
The photo-bucket implosion was a real gut-punch. So many amazing bikes that you now have to use your imagination to 'see'. The dialogue on the older threads remains, but hard to appreciate without the visual aids...

...nail on the head there - that has really messed up hundreds of lovely build threads, probably making people say "f*ck it", as it'll take ages to redo with another source.

Glad I use Flickr.

For sure. I asked two peeps on FB with 6yr old dead links to Photobucket, to repost pics of a unique one off 80s Ti bike. There was a lot of head scratching but it seems its nigh on impossible or too time consuming to find the original pics again. History is then lost for good, which is a shame.

Some light at the end of the Photobucket tunnel:

This Chrome extension allows the Photobucket-linked pictures to be viewed again.
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... jjgj?hl=en
It only sorts it for the specific Chrome installation where it was installed, so it's not a universal solution, but at least I can now see which picture was lined, then sort it out.

Also, it looks like you can still bulk download your PB Library to an Android phone...then post them somewhere else, or ideally add as attachments.

All the best,

Back