Retrobike Official Site Suggestions Thread

Cough Cough. Ahem, area group section would be good??

:LOL: :LOL:

Seriously, don't change it too much, I like it as it is.

Dr S":2vq96i3z said:
Cough Cough. Ahem, area group section would be good??

:LOL: :LOL:

Seriously, don't change it too much, I like it as it is.

Si, the area group section is on my 'mental to do list', thanks for the reminder.

@ m-trax, as per a ss section keen not to overly fragmanet things.

Erm...can't think of anything for the site, but I would love to see some B.O.T.M calendars added to the shop in the future :)

I'd like to see some sub sections in the for sale section, so I can just look at the relevant adds.

Maybe sub categories like:

Complete Bikes:
Frames/Forks:
Drivetrain/wheels:
Controls:
Garage Sale:

My suggestion is simple.

Dont have single threads for topics such as this one and more importantly the "How much is my...oh wait I lost it 48 pages into this thread ....worth"

Lets have a seperate forum sections for valuations so people create a new thread each time they want something valued (perhaps with an option if possible to ignore that forum section when clicking to "view new posts since last visit")

that way people have more chance to see what has been posted, I and I am sure 90 % of people only visit that thread when I want a price on something, rarely will I just go and browse it from end to end offering any advice.

So many items get lost/ignored. in the current system, leading to frustration and then annoyance, first of the person looking for a price then of every one else on the forum when they post a unique thread in the wrong forum section trying to get some attention.

Like wise a seperate forum area would be eaiser to search for commonly requested prices such using the forum search function. At the moment if I want an estimate on ...lets say a zaskar, I use the search function, hit go on "zaskar and price" then get presented with the "how much is my XYZ worth" thread... all 900 million pages of it which I then have to spend the rest of the week scrolling through looking for a highlight....Rubbish!

Same applies to this thread, give it a year, no one will check it good ideas will go unseen and end up lost in the depths.

wow that turned into a bit of a rant :)

1.) i suggest to add a plugin to backup the PMs (sent and received). the savebox is nice but just not enough.
2.) JeRkYs idea with a separat "what's it worth" forum is good. the single thread is totally unsuable.
3.) the album quotas are a joke. 2MB? not enough for anything. i think retrobike is missing a huge oportunity here to collect all those funky pics. i e.g. put all my pictures on my own webserver because of the tiny quote here. others use flickr, fileshack or whatever. that is highly problematic because if those services go offline or wipe there harddrives (for whatever reason) we're going to have plenty of empty threads :!:
4.) i want a simple wiki were the comunity can put toghether articles about retro stuff. imagine having a wikipedia about retrobike stuff. all the knowledge collected in the forums distilled in one place. how cool would that be!

Re: --

SEANSTEPHENS":3743wpdq said:
everytime you search, look at an ad then hit the backpage button, the 'page expires'

its small but anoying :roll:

Are you using IE? AFAIK it only happens using that, Safari,firefox,chrome are all ok.

Back