Orange Bikes to go in to administration!

Really good news that there may be a future.

Leading client testimonial for J9 advisory is Nigel Farage.... not the one I'd be picking for my leading marketing story but hey-ho.

Have to say, I’ve never heard of J9.. I was hoping for someone credible like Begbies, or even a big accountancy firm restructuring department..

I hope Orange have picked their advisor on capability, not cost..

!20,000 national job losses with the Boots group closing stores and re-structuring.

Isla Bikes to cease trading with substantial cash reserves/profit, and still,due to foreseen trading difficulties and market changes, they too are to cease trade.

Interest rates on borrowed money from both banks and investors increasing , raw material cost increases, O/E component supply costs increasing, shop floor price points reaching previously unseen levels, Shop owners wanting to stock, having 30 day payment terms, and for the most part dwindling footfall through the door, with stock due for payment always looming.

so many pieces of the puzzle have to sit right, and in the great scheme of things they have remained a smaller manufacturer, with a high quality ethos.

I dont think anyone wants to seem them fail.

Merged with the frame builders it uses (and he happens to own).
I guess sod the money they owe people, but that was gone anyway, hope they also get to survive and not have to lay people of, shut up shop. Hope they think twice about supplying them unless they can get their money owed back.

Wade iirc is still owed a fair bit of money from the original deal back in https://www.orangebikes.com/news/view/ashley_ball_at_the_helm_for_orange_bikes though someone may be able to evidence this.

If you have in-house brands like Nukeproof and Vitus to contend with, who have bigger margins of profit in each unit sold/far east manufacture/price point comparison, and these companies are also, in trouble, what is the solution...? When moving forward with new models/the next step....?

Last edited:
It will be 35 years this year for the Orange ClockWork...

Just a thought that crossed my mind.

Back