Retro Mobiles

orange71":1lkq9civ said:
my first, 1997. Long since departed :LOL:

nokia-2110.jpg

I've still got one in the kitchen drawer, I keep meaning to get it out! :D :D

My very very first was called the Nokia Orange as you could only get it on Orange net work when they first started. Good little(ish) phone

Had one of those 8910s (or was it 8810, I forget) for a bit. top mobile and METAL too.

Had a run of older nokia phones 8210, 8910, 6100 etc. Had a brief dalliance with the dark side of Motorola. Now back with a Nokia E71 so I can deal with all the emails I get due to this website :LOL:

here was one of mine, one of the best phones out there

Attachments

• sony-z5-big.gif
    sony-z5-big.gif
    11 KB · Views: 1,475
Bike Hoarder":3lg3oaa0 said:
Matrix phone - oh yes. I had one, not sure it was that one, but similar. Slidey mech used to jam up with grit and fluff.... ;)

Mine worked fine until it ejected the slider into the path of an on-coming lorry! :LOL: :LOL:

I had one of these too, it did a little ditty when you opened the flap. The Z7 was fantastic aswell.

sony_z5_big_192.gif

BUT! Who is still on their original SIM card?

ME! got it from Sony Mobile communications in September 2000 as part of a £100 cash back deal to sign up. Got the phone, Z5, got the £100, got another Z5, sold it for £120.... ;)

9 years later, still got the original sim in my K770i. Sony Comms no longer exist and have gone through two buy-outs. I joke with them that I must be the last of their domestic customers. But, I get a new phone every 18 months, get cheap calls and texts and thats that.

legrandefromage":3fc4p0ci said:
I had one of these too, it did a little ditty when you opened the flap. The Z7 was fantastic aswell.

sony_z5_big_192.gif

BUT! Who is still on their original SIM card?

ME! got it from Sony Mobile communications in September 2000 as part of a £100 cash back deal to sign up. Got the phone, Z5, got the £100, got another Z5, sold it for £120.... ;)

9 years later, still got the original sim in my K770i. Sony Comms no longer exist and have gone through two buy-outs. I joke with them that I must be the last of their domestic customers. But, I get a new phone every 18 months, get cheap calls and texts and thats that.

my original sim card is the size of a credit card :shock:

I've contemplated getting one of these from China, it's all new inside but looks like the Original. 1 month battery stand by :shock:

micro-t.jpg

Bought a 'Matrix' 8810 a while back for a laugh, what a load of shite by today's standards......only did some lame old GSM standard, no predtictive text and crap battery life.....looked cool as feck though.

Binned it on eBay for a profit and bought the Titanium Matrix slider mentioned above.....pure exotica but too small and fiddly.

Give me a BlackBerry any day......retro tech is useless :cool:

I've got 2 of these Nokia 8310's that I still use:

NOKIA_8310.jpg

Plus there's a brand new in box one where I work that's got my name on it. Great phone, virtually indestructible.

Back