Withdrawn Load of metal-based frames nonsense (BSA, Falcon, Claud Butler, JF Wilson)

fiveSixteenths

Senior Retro Guru
Whole bunch of metal product offered here and open to sensible suggestions as it’s all quite cheap to start with.
Happy to deliver for free if you happen to live between Reading and Oxford
More pictures available on request:)
Here you go…

Ernie Clements Falcon
21” st
22” tt
120mm OLD
Nervex lugs
BB and headset are smooth
Has all the clips and bracketery
Have a wheelset as well somewhere if I can find it as well as some other bits and bobs
£25

Falcon GasPipe
20” st
20.5 tt
122mm OLD
Headset is fine
Threads are clean
Weinmann 600 calipers
£10

Wilson Of Sheffield
23” st
22.5 tat
128mm OLD
Likely 1980’s Reynolds (501 or 525 but has a nice ‘ring’ to the tubes) according to the Wilson’s who I spoke to), repainted later. Nice pearl blue but decals are vinyl overlaid.
Small ding in top tube (as always), BB was in when i acquired it, slightly notchey but seems ok.
Downtube braze-on’s, nice lugs, nice seat post cluster, bell-type rd cable guide so some care was taken to build it in the Wilson basement.
Mudguard eyes so maybe make a reasonable commute bike.
£40

BSA
19-anytime-between-50-and-70
23” st
22” tt
120mm OLD
Non-original chrome fork but of the same vintage.
Headset and square-taper bb appear fine
Chainset and chain perfectly serviceable, coaster brake wheelset (26-er, with tubes and tyres), Weinmann 810 rear / smaller front.
Was ridden and locked-up in London for c. 4 years so a useful ignorable town bike.
Whole lot as seen including wheelset.
£40

Claud Butler Tandem
Proper lovely repaint, including the rear rack about three years ago, new decals, dry-stored ever since.
Needs the rear BB threads chased so as the the whole lot can be finished and the cotter pins fixed.
Has a Sturmey Archer rear hub that just need’s cabling in.
Front hub brake is all good.
Headset clips, seatposts, Williams chainsets, pedal sets all period.
Lovely thing, just need to move it on as my circumstances have changed and not be able to finish it off sadly.
Can supply all the dimensions but if it helps was setting it up for c. 5’ 10” riders - but there’s loads of flexibility.
£250 for everything you seem (not the bike stand:)

Also a 700c six bolt noname hub and rim wheelset, just pay postage

Attachments

• IMG_7310.jpeg
    IMG_7310.jpeg
    432.8 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_7304.jpeg
    IMG_7304.jpeg
    377.5 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_7302.jpeg
    IMG_7302.jpeg
    377.6 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_7297.jpeg
    IMG_7297.jpeg
    414.9 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_7296.jpeg
    IMG_7296.jpeg
    325.3 KB · Views: 76
Yep, would be happy to, will just need to grab a proper double/walled box from my LBS
Have sent a f&f last month via ParcelFarce with no worries and a wheelset last week
Latter was £10, former the buyer arranged and it was collected from me so not sure how much that was :)

Edit
Was thinking of refinishing it when I bought it, as Wilson’s said it was made in 1981, so have a full set of decals from them to include as well (found them in the Wilson bag at the weekend)

Last edited:
No worries, for some reason getting hold of cardboard boxes from bike shops has become more annoyingly difficult
Hopefully will get one this weekend:)

Back