RBotM - November - BRITISH MONTH - Nominations

Re: Re:

bagpuss":7ms16fuf said:
Again sorry about link still having issues with flickr.
try this (I hope I have make it clear)
Go to The Other Actions(near to bottom right corner of the image)>Download/All sizes>View All Sizes (select the size you want).
Right mouse click on the image, and select "Copy Image URL"
Copy link address then paste the link with the Img tags in your thread post
11274702054_968d8a9c70_b.jpg

Re:

Thank you . My main problem is that I can not see my flickr pages {the ones that you see} unless I go into edit mode :? I have ask on the flickr help pages and tried all the suggestions to no avail :facepalm:
This is my reason for using a link . Trying to sort it ...all its very trying :roll:

Re:

I reckon this may be worth a another punt, she was ridden at this years Eroica Britannia, Boscarn’s 1935 L H Brookes, much more info, many more photos and the build thread can be found here viewtopic.php?f=23&t=315333

Attachments

• P1000907A.jpg
    P1000907A.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 560
  • L H Brookes.jpg
    L H Brookes.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 560
I'll throw mine in again. Also built for and ridden in the 2015 Eroica Britannia. Full restored with a full re-spray but with the twist being there are no decals apart from the Reynolds ones every thing else is painted.

Nice one Jamie for injecting some new life into the RBotM competition, and a great theme for November :)

To keep the momentum going, here's my Great British 1954 Claud Butler Jubilee

Complete rebuild wth a Sturmey FM 4 speed and mostly period parts.

Re:

38,46 or 49??? F H Grubb, nobody knows exactly.

Reynolds 531, Ekla lugs, Chater Lea headset and Bottom bracket.

Middleton handlebars, clip type stem, Britannia grips and Allez water bottle holder. Allez water bottle and a Coloral bottle with straw.

Dunlop Special Lightweight rims with Bayliss Wiley featherweight large flange hubs. Double fixed rear. Sturmey Archer, track wing nuts. Resilion front brake.

Brooks Swallow saddle, Reynolds alloy seat post. Lytaloy lamp bracket. 30s prism rear reflector. Williams cranks, newer MKB pedals and Christophe toe clips.

Original paint with chips and scratches. Faded box lining and a reversed downtube F H Grubb transfer. Rides really well for an old machine. Very light!

Well done Jamie and the best of luck with taking over.

Simon

Attachments

• WP_20150331_17_33_41_Procompressed(1).jpg
    WP_20150331_17_33_41_Procompressed(1).jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 487
Re:

I decided to restore my Carlton Super Course which I have had from new 1983/4. It was made 1980. For the last 20 years or so it hasn't been used. I have rescued it from the back of the shed. My intention was to keep as much of the original components as possible to retain the character, whilst adding a modern twist with deeper rimmed modern wheels. However most of the original components were not serviceable or broke whilst being serviced. All apart from the SR drilled chainset, Suntour Cyclone rear derailleur and Suntour Power shifters. Front derailleur is now a Suntour 7. Seat post Campagnolo, seat a new Selle Italia Turbo. Handle bar stem is Cinelli, handlebars Ambrosio. Brake levers are Shimano. New modern parts, Tektro brakes, Tange headset, Shimano bottom bracket, pedals and wheels. Sunrace cassett. The re-spray was carried out by Universal Cycle centre, Maltby Rotherham. They are Carlton experts and due to having worked at the Carlton factory had the original transfers and the 4 star 531 stickers. They also knew the exact pearl oyster paint to use. They were incredibly knowledgeable and helpful, supplying a gear cable guide bracket, brake levers, handlebars and wheels.

Attachments

• IMGP0202e.jpg
    IMGP0202e.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 487
  • IMGP0200e.jpg
    IMGP0200e.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 487
Re:

Top collection of machines this month with plenty of time for more :idea:

Going to be an interesting poll ....judging by last month
will it be pumps drawn after 10 paces at dawn . ;)

Back