rBoTM RBOTM - July 2022 - Open Month - Enter Now!!!!

road Bike of The Month
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamiedyer

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Welcome to RBotM July 2022
We are back and it's an Open Month this month so it means the entries are open to one and all!
So whether it's a lovely ride shot from a trip or a build you are working on, anything with a retro bike than please get a photo or two and enter.

Usual rules apply, of which they are in the WIKI section but basically, two photos, a brief couple of sentences description and a link to where to find more information, such as a readers rides page, webpage etc.

Thanks in advance.

Jamie

(here's one I made earlier) ;)
IMG_3225 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

I've recently moved from carbon to steel and bought this Battaglin from the early 1990s. Campag Athena groupset, Fir Aria wheels. I haven't changed much other than the stem, new bar tape and a bit of a clean. Rides like a dream.

Attachments

• IMG_1321.jpeg
    IMG_1321.jpeg
    801.2 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1322.jpeg
    IMG_1322.jpeg
    794.1 KB · Views: 19
Here my classic retro bike for July
Refer loosing the ebay auction for this frame set some years ago some month later - I got an offer for these bike from a motor cycle collector, who have had bought this bike together with an old Ducati in Northern Italy. He has no passion for such bicycle and sold it the bike in auction to Far East but the purchaser won’t not pay the extra shipping costs - so he offered the bike to the 1st Looser…

So I got this wonderful Carrera-Tassoni Aquila type bike in nearly complete team‘s specification

With reference to the seller, who had contacted Podium, I.e. the manufacturer of Carrera-bikes, that this bike has been a real team bike … but who knows?!
C3F9F57E-5F9A-45D6-A4B8-CD97C3FF37A6.jpeg 54961C48-CF0C-47F8-8940-27FA8A771FEE.jpeg

Last edited:
An early birthday present from me to me, because I'm worth it:)

Fillet brazed Columbus Max Somec with a Maro Martini paint job and loads of panto C-Record parts. I contacted Somec for a date of frame and they said it was 88./99, or possibly early 90 at the latest, aka the flouro era.
ms1Sb93.jpg

Chwmq5C.jpg

PZOKRu3.jpg

More detailed pics of the wild paint and panto work can be seen here, which shows how bike came to me and what I changed.
https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-...x-90-s-columbus-max-somec-wild-paint-job.html

Fillet brazed Columbus Max Somec with a Maro Martini paint job and loads of panto C-Record parts. I contacted Somec for a date of frame and they said it was 88./99, or possibly early 90 at the latest, aka the flouro era.
ms1Sb93.jpg

Chwmq5C.jpg

PZOKRu3.jpg

More detailed pics of the wild paint and panto work can be seen here, which shows how bike came to me and what I changed.
https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-...x-90-s-columbus-max-somec-wild-paint-job.html
Who did the panto work?

ms1Sb93.jpg

Chwmq5C.jpg

PZOKRu3.jpg

Holy crap, how do you ride it?! Amazing bike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back