rBoTM RBotM February 2022! Winter rides month theme. ENTRIES NOW OPEN!!!!

road Bike of The Month
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamiedyer

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Welcome to RBotM February 2022
The title of this months competition is: Winter Rides

This theme is very much open to most ideas that come to mind. It could be a winter landscape where you have been riding or a winter project you've been bolt holed in the bunker building. So very much open to interpretation, though it should have some reference or include a retro road bike somewhere and preferably, be this winter.

Usual theme month rules: One photo, Brief description, and a link if there is one, to more information, build page etc
Entries close the last day of the month with the winner decided by five day poll.

Thanks

Jamie

I am BACK:rolleyes:
My recently acquired early model Specailized Sirrus pro with straight bars all for £85.
Picture taken on the fromer GNR bridge in Derby . Now forming part of a cycle route .
DSCN1420.JPG

Is May still winter? Here is a photo of a May 1 ride during the lockdown on my 1980s Univega touring bike. I bought a naked frame and fork. The components are all new, triple chainring, 14 - 34 cogs, cycle cross top of bar brakes, brake lever shifters, home built wheels using 29 nine inch mountain bike rims, rivet nuts used for the water bottle mounts and the frame dimpled to accept 38 mm Gravel King Tires. It’s my gravel bike, works as well as the new mega cost ones.

E38C6D00-E188-409B-A961-5B3E207DC1D4.jpeg

Last edited:
Here's my winter ride.

Built this up late last year in an attempt to keep my miles up over the winter. Not a lover of the turbo in the shed :oops:.

Second pic was taken late November in the sunshine and it's been out 7 times so far this year (it is now a lot grubbier!).

It's a 1984 Overbury's 531c frameset cold set to take more modern gears, it's running mainly dura ace 10 speed.

Matt

winter bike 2.jpg
winter bike.jpg

I rode down this lane last week and it seemed serendipitous! Out and about on a blustery Sunday in the Vale of the White Horse here in Oxfordshire.
The Thorn (link to the build in my signature) has been serving me very well through these soggy days of winter - Full guards are the way forward!

IMG_20220206_093805.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back