rBoTM RBotM April 2024 - Open Month - All Welcome

road Bike of The Month
So, my entry is also illegal as I gave it away as a birthday gift for my son. I no longer am in possession. I’ll find something else to enter but I can’t remember what I already entered.
Get him to register on site and enter it! All good. Similarly with the other entry. Increase the membership?

Here is my third attempt to enter a bike this month. This one probably meets the rules but the front brake and hubs aren’t original Schwinn but replacement vintage parts. The replacements are very similar to the originals, most people wouldn’t notice. I hope that’s OK. It’s a 1938-41 Schwinn New World. IMG_0275.jpeg IMG_0276.jpeg
Thread '1938-41 Schwinn New World Racer'
https://www.retrobike.co.uk/threads/1938-41-schwinn-new-world-racer.479180/

I've never entered BOTM before, and I've also been on here for almost exactly a decade now, so having just finished this build, I guess I might as well throw my chapeau in the ring this time.

sjcproject's 'Martyn Young' 1960-something mystery machine:

IMG_1938-2.jpg

IMG_2076.JPG

The build thread is here

This was a long time in the planning and offing, and it was a full repaint and rebuild job. If you know who Martyn Young was, do let me know!

And yes, I know it's too small for me really, but I should at least get points for the co-ordinated water bottle 😄

Evening all, I have been very busy with work so have missed a lot of the excitement regarding rules and the like. Thankfully. They need to be there but generally we don't need to be quoting them.
A few basics,
You should enter a bike you own, IF the bike in question has previously won a BotM competition then it is ineligible for general months but eligible for themed months, otherwise, for non previous winners, they can be entered as often as you like. All retro road bikes are generally allowed and I don't think anybody cares if it has a 2001 derailleur on your 1983 Bob Jackson, this is after all a BotM competition for the members machines, it is NOT a concourse competition for originality, so build that frame with what works for you. Don't get too hung up on it.
We have some beauties this month already, keep 'em coming.

Jamie

Latest posts

Back