Rawing/polishing aluminium frames... Thoughts and process?

Re:

lol dw late nite early mornin moment it is a shame to strip those zaskars though such a sexy paint job

would be interested in the frame if it came up for sale though

Re: Re:

ba57ards":37p6bkoy said:
lol dw late nite early mornin moment it is a shame to strip those zaskars though such a sexy paint job

would be interested in the frame if it came up for sale though

Don't be greedy! :LOL:

Ok ok, I'm glad people have replied to this :)

I won't be stripping it, it's staying as it is then! Just needed some gentle persuasion :)

It measures 16 to the top of the seat tube but I wasn't sure if that's a Gt 14.5? I was under the impression that they measure their frames to the centre of the top tube?

Or am I completely wrong? - a mate of mine has a 97 Zaskar in 16 with it stamped on the drop out and the small triangle out of the 3 is much bigger than the one on mine....?

Newer design?

If it measures 16 inches its a 16 inch

Jus measured both of mine

Gt size small 16 inches
Gt size xs 14.5 inches

Centre of bb to top of seat tube

Re:

It's a 14.5 it will measure 16 from c-t but the top tube will be shorter than other 16 inch frames. Gt sizes aren't so confusing once you've got Ur head around it lol

Sean stephens jus measured both my gt the XS zaskar race comes in at 14.5 inches front the centre of the bb to the top of the seat tube ? so this makes it a 14.5 inch

my other one a S zaskar race comes in at 16 inches front the centre of the bb to the top of the seat tube ? so this makes it a 16 inch

what the original op has is a 16 inch SMALL gt zaskar race which isnt a 14.5 gt zaskar thus the post was put up about the moto frame

Interesting....

When I was on my teens (90s) I used to really want a Zaskar but back in those days they were measured in inches rather than S, M, L and so on and the smallest one you could get was a 12.5 inch ...it had a kinked top tube but measured 14 inch to the top of the seat clamp, the next one up being the 14.5 which measured 16 to the top...like what hans rey used to ride in the dirty tricks and cunning stunts video!

Unless they have changed their sizing now???

Back