Raleigh Panasonic 531 / 753 help needed.

Pearl white when done nicely can be a very classy colour :) If it's an iffy paint job then looks like pale coloured mud !

Shaun

Well as always best laid plans are subject to change :)

While re-searching all of this on Google and Facebook as well as here I have stumbled across a mint 531c original frame in the right size. A deal subject to pictures has been agreed so all being well I have the frame I wanted.

It is indeed MrW as long as it all happens I will be the proud owner of a 84 531C Team Panasonic.

Going to build it with the nos 105 golden arrow group that I had on the Red and Yellow one, then put on my vintage Panasonic top, cap and gloves and hit the Eroica :)

Unless those plans change and I end up going for a higher spec group ......... but I do really like the period look and feel of the 105 GA.

Yeah that's the one.

I can't run to making it a spec bike, but it will be period. I have lovely nos silver Mavic MA rims on 105 hubs at the moment but I would like to find some nice MA40's in the Anodised colour but we will see.

Well again best laid plans and all that. The deal I had has fallen threw however I have found another one. A deal has been done and paid for so hopefully it will be with me soon. But I think I am back to having a re-paint and if that's the case I will have the original paint matched and do it the correct pearl colour.

It was from ebay, but it ended a few days ago I think. On the whole its nice condition but the rear stays will need attention in terms of paint so may have it completely re-done will have to see what my painter says.

Should be here in about 5 - 7 days all being well

Lovely Maca, look forward to seeing this one completed I know your standards are high!

Back