Raleigh Panasonic 531 / 753 help needed.

Yeah I use Del, always more than pleased with his stuff. As long as I can get some for him to scan its job done. He's done all the Red and yellow stripes for my bmx and is just about the only one who does them thin enough has the right colour and backs the stripes with white.

What I will do is buy the set I can, get del to copy them and then get you to send him your pics so he can see how the clear edges have been done if that's ok with you (once I am ready).

Then get my painter to use a set so he can get a clean edge like he did on my team burner.

Re:

Ah interesting, think we are there the :)

That's actually where I have found the decals by doing good old google searches, and are the ones I will be buying to start with.

Next question if doing a 531 Panasonic frame would you go bright white or Pearl white ?

Looks like a lot were pearl from new but then some images look bright white.

I'm pretty sure that the only white version was the Team Cadet (18-23 tubing, or Kays Catalogue Special 501 tubing) and that all of the other variants were Pearl White

I've got a few brochures, will look through and double check

Had a quick look through the brochures and it does appear that the Cadet was the only gloss white variant

I got this pearl white colour matched by professional paint mixers and it comes out near identical to stock colour mix: Candy White 8MM7B. I also got them to do me a 400ml can of touch up in the same colour for a tenner :)

The stripes on my Corsa are decals too. I repainted the top tube last year, and just used bog standard electrical tape (the red and yellow is exactly the right width) backed by some very thin white masking tape. It totally looks the part and once lacquered you'd never know the difference.

Personally I find Lloyd decals hard work. They're generally cut from too thick vinyl and never look 'original'. World Cycle Decals do a considerably better job and are invariably cheaper than Lloyd.

Thanks Grease Monkey, I'm unsure what to do about the colour if honest. I've been speaking to my painter and he has no problem doing pearl for me but he did say that unless the sun is on it that it may as well be cream. Thinking maybe a metallic white so that I get almost the pearl effect but in any light.

Have you any pictures of your candy white ?

Back