Raleigh Castorama v Mercian Pro Lugless

In that case, if it were my decision, I'd be choosing the Cyfac Raleigh. Nice to ride, has provenance and you're unlikely to come across another if you regretted getting rid of it. I

I've got at the rare XML Metal Matrix Raleigh Dyno Tech road frame in Raleigh Castorama colours if your interested?
I've sent you a PM

Matt_wood55":30a4xq7z said:
bedraggled":30a4xq7z said:
Just being nosey.
What are you going to replace it with?

I would love a titanium Raleigh. One just went on Ebay for £670, which is way out of my budget. Not the one with the fat down tube, the more traditional looking frame.

Oh yes, a track bike as well as starting accreditation at Derby velodrome this Fri!!
Your original post said 'one in, one out policy'.
If you haven't bought the replacement, then technically, that's a 'one out, one in policy' and isn't to be recommended.
The advantage of the original 'one in, one out' is that you don't have to sell anything until the replacement has been bought and by then you should have thought up a good reason to keep them all. :D

bedraggled":2zrxxaea said:
Matt_wood55":2zrxxaea said:
bedraggled":2zrxxaea said:
Just being nosey.
What are you going to replace it with?

I would love a titanium Raleigh. One just went on Ebay for £670, which is way out of my budget. Not the one with the fat down tube, the more traditional looking frame.

Oh yes, a track bike as well as starting accreditation at Derby velodrome this Fri!!
Your original post said 'one in, one out policy'.
If you haven't bought the replacement, then technically, that's a 'one out, one in policy' and isn't to be recommended.
The advantage of the original 'one in, one out' is that you don't have to sell anything until the replacement has been bought and by then you should have thought up a good reason to keep them all. :D

Can't fault that logic!!

One in one out when flush (never)
One out one in when skint (always)

Re:

Ooh, crikey...what a dilemma! I hope you don't out the Cyfac Raleigh up for sale as I've just bought a Team Europca Colnago C59 and am now seriously short of funds...

Martin

The Mercian is easy to sell
The Raleigh may take time to find the right buyer, which is a great excuse to "advertise" it and keep it till summer

Latest posts

Back