Pronunciation of Mountain Bike Manufacturers

Z is very hard in Italian
More, you do pronounce double consonants
Finally the R is a vibrating consonant; quite weird for the English because you do not have such a letter in your phonetic alphabet. Apart from our habit of pronouncing every letter in a word, it's another reason why we have that terrible accent.

In brief, it's Mar-dzok-kky

novekili":25qws3oj said:
Z is very hard in Italian
More, you do pronounce double consonants
Finally the R is a vibrating consonant; quite weird for the English because you do not have such a letter in your phonetic alphabet. Apart from our habit of pronouncing every letter in a word, it's another reason why we have that terrible accent.

In brief, it's Mar-dzok-kky
Thanks very much. I've always pronounced Achille Varzi as Ack-ill-ey Vaar-tzee, Tazio Nuvolari as Tatz-ee-o Noo-vol-aa-ree but Borzacchini as Bore-zatch-ee-nee. How far out is that? I guess my z in Borzacchini is too soft, is it?

And have I got to wave my arms about and kiss all passing pretty women while I'm about it?

no, you whisthle and wait to be offended ;)

PS: z is tz

In any case, avoid modifying your English accent when speaking Italian because it will create a lordy, aristocratic aura around you - even if you burp

Vredestain is Vreh-dass-táin ...

Anthony, Borzacchini in italian is almost as you pronounce, just needs the D to make the Z harder, as Mar-dzok-kky... it´s Bore-dzatch-ee-nee... ;)

Geoff":am8phq8r said:
one-eyed_jim":am8phq8r said:
gump":am8phq8r said:
I am sure I read on a similar thread somewhere it was pronounced ' Bont- raa -gurr' by the man himself :?
It's Bon Tray Gur, a corruption of the German Borntraeger. He told me so.
How strange. The FAQ of the Bonty website said it was 'Bon-Tra-Gurrr'. Maybe Trek got it wrong! :LOL:

Edit: HERE: http://bontrager.com/faqs/general_faqs/en

Sorry to drag up a year-old thread, but I just chanced upon this USENET post by KB himself:

http://groups.google.fr/group/rec.bicyc ... 5?hl=fr&q=

KB":am8phq8r said:
BAHN tray gerr

Lazy Amurikahn tongues... ;-)

It used to be

Borntraeger

(the ae was actually an A with an Umlaut - a German character).

I have a hard time with the "orn" - my Euro trilled r's are
not world class...
So yes, TREK got it wrong... :shock:

I've always had trouble saying these 4 words together:

Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked

I just sound like an Irish man swearing ;)

Back to the topic in hand

Raleigh
is it
Raaa-lee?
R-alley?

Back