Project Blackstar - The remake!

theredchili":f9kpz171 said:
I would go for a 4 jeri, reasonably priced ,robust with a massive spring :D

(pictured at front with the holes in )

Looks like your tensioner may just need aligning properly as the chain is not in line.

The 4jeri one in your picture is identical in every way to my On-One doofer (currently on Blackstar).

sinnett177":3a5ugdi3 said:
Take a look at my cro-mega SS thread here.

That's lovely (not as nice as your Ti Mega though :cool: :cool:)

The mech hanger on my frame is at a different angle to yours - yours appears to come straight down (ie. normal), whereas mine more-or-less follows a straight line from the seatstay, meaning that the mech/tensioner is sat more towards the back of the cassette, rather than directly underneath it...

There's nothing wrong with my frame (ie. it's not, or never has been bent) - that's how it was made! Very odd!

A couple of pics from tonight (new seatpost, and pedals fitted just so I could get a feel for the ride position).

These pics give a bit of a better idea of the colour of the hubs!

The Rohloff tensioner hasn't arrived yet, and I'm also waiting for a set of Park cable cutters before I set to work on the brakes, but that's it.

Oh, the drive side crank arm needs to be changed too (got an M737 arm and 34T Middleburn chainring waiting to go on!), but I have to adopt the 'ride around until it falls off' approach to get the old LX arm off, as the crank threads have stripped :(

I love how 'chunky' the back end looks... And I think the tyres look really nice too :)

P1000868.jpg

P1000869.jpg

Barneyballbags":196422iw said:
A couple of pics from tonight (new seatpost, and pedals fitted just so I could get a feel for the ride position).

These pics give a bit of a better idea of the colour of the hubs!

The Rohloff tensioner hasn't arrived yet, and I'm also waiting for a set of Park cable cutters before I set to work on the brakes, but that's it.

Oh, the drive side crank arm needs to be changed too (got an M737 arm and 34T Middleburn chainring waiting to go on!), but I have to adopt the 'ride around until it falls off' approach to get the old LX arm off, as the crank threads have stripped :(

I love how 'chunky' the back end looks... And I think the tyres look really nice too :)

P1000868.jpg

P1000869.jpg

I agree on the CK hubs.....looks terrific :cool:

yes both hubs and tires look great!!
I just bought a pair of Charge Splashbacks. Great performing tire (really great accually, especially after riding 'real' retro tires only for a while), but lookswise the Zmax reissues are way better!

The Rohloff tensioner arrived today.

Described as 'in good condition', but it's slightly bent. This isn't too much of a problem though as it can be carefully bent back.

Also, the bolt to attach it to the frame (which looks specific to the tensioner) is missing, so I can't fit it.

I've emailed the seller, and he's replied to say that he did have the bolt, so will have a look for it tonight. In the meantime I've been on to Ison Distribution (UK distributor for Rohloff) who have told me that they have 1 replacement mounting bolt in stock, so I've taken the precaution of getting my local Halfords to order it for me as it was only £5.50.

One day, Blackstar will be finished and ready to ride!!

Rob Atkin":1qjowwwv said:
:nudge nudge wink wink:
You need some red anodised bottle bolts on that sir...
:nudge nudge wink wink:

Eeeeeewwww... The red will clash with the pink hubs!!!

Now, if you'd said pink* bottle bolts, I'd have been interested ;)

*Faded red doesn't count as pink!

Not so much an update as a bit of an arty pic (new camera and app so I had a play ;))

Rohloff tensioner is now on (not pictured) and the M737 drive side arm and Middleburn 34t chainring will be going on later, then it's done!:

9dea44b0.jpg

I appreciate the build but i'm not a massive fans of the silver decals on the black frame. Whip them off and put pink on or something!

Back