Raleigh Dynatech Decade - regretful sale - SOLD!

Just want to add that I also own a Decade with a MK1 fork - interestingly in the MT5 paintscheme.

Maybe we can exchange the frame numbers to get an idea about the amount produced?

With kind regards,
Volker
Wow that’s interesting and fascinating that it’s in the MT5 colour scheme!
Which means it’s probably a custom factory ordered paint job or perhaps a later one? I know Steve Perkins will certainly know the history of this. I’ll email him to find out. But Ed @Raumer has the bike
Now. So far only two Decade in known existence and both unique!!

Hi Volker,

Superb to see another one and interesting to see the different paint scheme. I'll check the frame number on mine and let you know what it is.

If you look on the dynatech thread: https://www.retrobike.co.uk/threads...ciation-and-information-thread.91636/page-157

This a magazine article of the test of a Decade. It mentions a maximum of 50 being built.

Whereabouts are you as it would be nice to get the two together at some point.

Ed

Hi Volker,

Superb to see another one and interesting to see the different paint scheme. I'll check the frame number on mine and let you know what it is.

If you look on the dynatech thread: https://www.retrobike.co.uk/threads...ciation-and-information-thread.91636/page-157

This a magazine article of the test of a Decade. It mentions a maximum of 50 being built.

Whereabouts are you as it would be nice to get the two together at some point.

Ed
@Volker is in Northern Germany!

@Volker steve @bikemeister2000 kindly got back to me regarding your bike.
This is what he wrote:

Hi Ibbs,
Yes, I know of Volker’s bike.
It’s definitely MMC and therefore the same frame as The Decade and the MT5 frame. The wheels aside, it’s the full spec of the built Decade and the correct first edition Trimnell fork.
I’m not sure if it was one where we replaced the frame or quite possibly it’s one we did specifically for Raleigh Germany who were based at Cloppenberg.
All the best
Steve

Just want to add that I also own a Decade with a MK1 fork - interestingly in the MT5 paintscheme.

Maybe we can exchange the frame numbers to get an idea about the amount produced?

With kind regards,
Volker
@boy"O"boy
This needs to go into the appreciation thread
Steve wrote to me about this 2nd Dynatech
Hi Ibbs,
Yes, I know of Volker’s bike.
It’s definitely MMC and therefore the same frame as The Decade and the MT5 frame. The wheels aside, it’s the full spec of the built Decade and the correct first edition Trimnell fork.
I’m not sure if it was one where we replaced the frame or quite possibly it’s one we did specifically for Raleigh Germany who were based at Cloppenberg.
All the best
Steve...”

Hello Ed,

Thank you very much für the link (to the bike test)! Haven't seen it before!

To be honest - I wasn't aware that the Decade I recently purchased is such a rare piece of art.
I collect old mtb now for more than 20 years; own some prototypes and rare stuff, but my main focus is 'mtb from carbon fibre/ thermoplast 😄.
But if course I own a lot of bikes and frames made from steel, alloy, ...
Maybe - my collection will turn into a "mtb museum" in the future.

In terms of Raleigh, a MT4 - logically - must/ should be the perfect partner for my Decade (my bicycles are presented as couples).

With best regards,
Volker

Attachments

• 20181230_150122.jpg
    20181230_150122.jpg
    392.1 KB · Views: 20
Hello Ed,

Thank you very much für the link (to the bike test)! Haven't seen it before!

To be honest - I wasn't aware that the Decade I recently purchased is such a rare piece of art.
I collect old mtb now for more than 20 years; own some prototypes and rare stuff, but my main focus is 'mtb from carbon fibre/ thermoplast 😄.
But if course I own a lot of bikes and frames made from steel, alloy, ...
Maybe - my collection will turn into a "mtb museum" in the future.

In terms of Raleigh, a MT4 - logically - must/ should be the perfect partner for my Decade (my bicycles are presented as couples).

With best regards,
Volker
You have quite a sublime collection there my friend.

Latest posts

Back