Peugeot PY10-FC- THE dream bike of my youth...

Re:

Thanks Jamie, I can't wait to get it on the road.. just need a set of pedals and to sort brake cables out and will be good to go :cool:

I have swapped out the Maillard Zycral freewheel (which turned out to be completely kippered - grrr) so have stuck on the 'paper weight' one (see earlier in the thread). May be no bad thing as I suspect I will need the 24 tooth lowest cog anyway :D

Re:

Hi,

I know this thread is a couple of years old now but wondered if you can help me.

I’ve just picked up a PY10FC which was also my dream bike as a youth and about to start restoring it. A couple of questions:

1. Where did you get your decals set from? I found some online a while ago but now can’t find them.
2. The carbon on mine is a bit dull and inconsistent in colour, I guess from storage over the years. Any ideas on how to clean/restore it?

Luckily, it came with a lot of the original French kit in it and I’ve managed to get a nice Stronglight derailleur for it in lovely condition so am really looking forward to restoring it.

Back