Peugeot 753 Chorus

It's ok, both above posts have now been edited.

There was a slight throw of handbags, but all calm now! :cool:

It's good but that dent in the top tube is much more than a minor issue - maybe not structually but cosmetically it's a disaster on a high end frame. :( Some of the Campag is a little cosmetically challenged too - being fussy here but that's the way it is with old Campag...

As always though if you want to make a decent return then you need to strip and split.

That's all that anyone who buys it off you will do anyway, why not make the top money yourself?!

Vittoria Olimpionico Tubs (Original tubs, these where probably the most expensive tubs around at the time at over £100 each)

Err, no, more like under a tenner each, lol, or even around £5, I can't quite remember off hand, would need to dig out a pricelist to check. They were bottom of the range training tubs, at 300g plus. I've still got a couple mounted that I haven't even used plus a few completely unused. But they still look better than any of the current multi-coloured and all-black race tyres though.

I was thinking about throwing it on ebay, but I have no idea what to expect for it. Please help

I'm open to offers. To be honest, if i hadn't found this site, I would of listed it on eBay for practically nothing.

Put it on Ebay and let the buyers decide. You also have the option of putting a reserve on it, or you can start the auction at the minimum price you're willing to sell.

A couple of people have commented on the Tubs, I might be getting a bit confused, it was a good 16 years ago since it was last riden.

I can remember when I first got the bike, the tubs fitted were too expensive for a 16 year old, so I took them off and kept them for racing only, which unfortunatly, never did on this bike. Maybe these tubs are not the originals, however, I thought they were. Or, I was confused as a 16 year old and got the wrong end of the stick with the price of the tubs.

I'm really not looking for a good return, and you're right, the dent is such a shame, I was thinking more of a good home for her.

when i was 15 the local bike shop in town had one of these for sale. for some reason it was kept in the corner, not on main display. i wanted it SSOO bad but it was way way out of my price league. i used to be in there every week drooling over it

Back