PDM Concorde Team Issue

kingbling":3p8o1az2 said:
Nice is it coming Saturday :D

Depends what time I escape from work on Friday.

To be honest, I doubt it. I'm unlikely to get it finished and have enough light for a decent test ride.

The Gavina has been well run in and already has my Barley saddlebag hanging on it, so, as much as I would like to bring this one, I think it'll be Gav.

Finished (temporarily).

IMAG0832_zpsngikxgh4.jpg

She's staying at home tomorrow though. Need to tweak a few things before she gets a proper run out.

Looking really very smart :)
I wish I could get down to join you guys, would have really liked to, but too many things on this month. Have great fun on which ever Concorde you ride :)

Jamie

First proper shakedown ride today... Lovely bike to ride.

Bloody windy up on the moor... Blowing hard at 34/26 in one direction then flew back over in 50/18.

The Chorus Monoplaners not only look great, they stop reasonably well too. The ass hatchet saddle must go though.

Please forgive the chain, I'd been tweaking the derailleurs immediately before taking the first photo.

IMAG0838_zpsn1s1xwa1.jpg

IMAG0840_zpsmajlsidx.jpg

Have bagged a set of C-Record brake levers with white (ish) hoods so the top half of the bike (everything except the curent ass hatchet) will be very close in terms of period appearance if not absolutely accurate...

After lots of poring through race photos, it looks like its an 88 frame I've got. In which case, the race brakeset would be either Delta or Cobalto so with Monoplaners fitted, I'm about a year away from being spot on. That's close enough for me in this case.

I could put a set of Deltas on, but I think the Chorus monoplaners look fantastic...So fantastic that I've acquired another set and am considering taking the Deltas off my other Concorde and selling them.

I could spend money I don't need to on a set of Cobaltos but if I'm honest I really dont like how they look and thehy won't stop me any better than the monoplaners.

They definitely used Chorus Monoplaners in 1990 and possibly as early as 89. I'm imagining this coincided with the Cobalto being superceded by the later generation Deltas but the team wanting lighter brakes for certain applications.

Strangely, one of clearest images I have found of the Chorus Monoplaner being used is a photo marked Paris-Nice 1989 of a team time trail on what looks like 1990 liveried lo-pro frames... Exactly when I'd have thought Deltas would have been the choice!

Re:

What make of frame ends are on the frame? My Squadra has Campag ends but internal cable. Mine us from 1988
Later Squadras used Ultech labeled ends.

Latest posts

Back