PDM Concorde Team Issue

Looking really special mate. Job very well done.
Just in time for some nice weather so you can get plenty of use from it straight away.
Looks superb!

Jamie

Cheers Jamie.

It's still a work in progress. I've got C-Record brake levers to go on (white hoods and period correct) but the drivetrain is still under debate.

The Centaur compact currently fitted looks fine, and let's me use the bike without having to think about routes in advance. I'm not in a rush to go to higher gearing, so it could be on for a while.

One day, I'll sit down for a few hours and replace the images of my builds that photobucket has stopped hosting, but in the meantime I'll post the pics of recent rebuilds...

Had the bike running with 9 speed downtube levers and a Campag Centaur drivetrain which looked fairly "period" but was much more practical for local terrain.

A couple of weeks ago, I did a 3 day mini-tour riding from Glasgow to Runcorn in what is usually a once a fortnight commute by train. Swapped the compact for a Racing T triple, changed the monoplaners for dual pivots and put a set of ergos on to make life easier all round. Put a set of 36 spoke wheels on too so that the chances of catastrophic wheel failure were reduced. Finished it off with a Carradice Nelson on support.

I think it turned out pretty good... and it certainly carried me over 250 miles very well.

Roll forward a week or two and it's time to take the triple off...

This time, I've dropped the period effort and tried out some mid-noughties Campag carbon. Not the lightest in the world even though it a pro level frameset and carbon groupset. Even with the lighter wheels, this is still a bike that weighs over 9kg.

I think it's very pretty though...

Attachments

• saturdayfinish.jpg
    saturdayfinish.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 632
  • professionallighttourer.jpg
    professionallighttourer.jpg
    334.8 KB · Views: 632
  • 88meets2005.jpg
    88meets2005.jpg
    337.2 KB · Views: 632
Re:

Love it! More so now I can see it! :LOL: :LOL:

9kg is very light still mate

Mike

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":e9btozxa said:
Love it! More so now I can see it! :LOL: :LOL:

9kg is very light still mate

Mike

I know... I guess I just expected a bit less than the 9.3 kg it came in at.

It was 10.4kg in tourer mode which was actually better than I expected given the erormous weight of the other wheelset (36h Archetypes on Athena hubs)

My lightest bike is only 1 kilo lighter at 8.3kg, so I need to get a grip :p

Back