1988 Concorde Squadra PDM

If with the BB removed you carefully feel/shine light inside if there are pins (look like nails potruding in the insides of seat, down,tubs & seatstays the pins are tapered & are driven through the lugs & tubes it assembles the frameset so the tubing is only heated one time to braze the jointsIf your frame has these it was built by 1 of the real top class Italian builders.

If with the BB removed you carefully feel/shine light inside if there are pins (look like nails potruding in the insides of seat, down,tubs & seatstays the pins are tapered & are driven through the lugs & tubes it assembles the frameset so the tubing is only heated one time to braze the jointsIf your frame has these it was built by 1 of the real top class Italian builders.

I'm gonna have to pull my two Concordes apart and check this out.

I have one that looks like it was a team issue frame, so I'm particularly interested in that. All I did when I got it was verify it was SLX by feeling for the rifling in the seat tube.

I have a couple of SLX Cougars of the Dolan era which are currently unbuilt I'll have a check of them too.

I've got one of these in TSX tubing. Very nice bike to ride. I built mine up with Dura Ace 7800, because my Campag C record kit is adorning a Colnago Tecnos, but I am considering a full Mavic setup. I've got all the bits, and It would be something a bit different.

Back