PDM Concorde Team Issue

I think its 2006 kit which went on the Bianchi as NOS around 2008.

Its probably done less than 1000 miles in that time.... so it is indeed (almost) new.

IMAG0827_zpsxaodkark.jpg

PDM mostly rode with black rims and these are the best I have at the moment. I have a pair of Athena hubs I can build onto Black Archetypes, but I'm going to let my bank balance recover for a while!

If I'm using this on Saturdays NW Retroride I'll maybe swap for the silver archetypes currently on the Gavina.

I think the black rims look right... and thats something you'll very rarely hear me say, particularly if its a steel frameset.

I know I'm sounding like a broken record, but i cannot wait to get this on the road!

Disaster has struck...

...At least in terms of getting the bike on the road in time for the NW ride on Saturday :cry:

Seat tube either isn't 27.2 or has deformed. Have trashed a cheapo post trying to open it up a bit.

Sadly, I don't have a 27.0 post to try although being Columbus SLX, the seat tube should be 27.2.

I'll try again later but I think this bike will be staying at home on Saturday.

I had a Basso with SLX tubing also with a 27.0 seatpost (IIRC, sure about the tubing not 100% on the post size, bike was sold in 2011). This was the original post so cannot have been done by mistake.

Got it. It is 27.2... Exactly.

Worked the gubbed cheapo post back and forth with a couple of inches inserted then used a handy 14st weight to gently persuade the post fully in.

I'll keep the cheapo post in for a few rides.

Re:

Progress at last. Cables installed and brakes set up.

IMAG0828_zpsllkhjvku.jpg

Just need to tune gears, trim and finish cables, put the brake hoods on and wrap and plug the bars.

IMAG0829_zpsccuqyxko.jpg

Oh...and borrow a Flite off one the other bikes cos I ain't riding that Selle San Marco ass hatchet.

Back