1988 Concorde Squadra PDM

mechagouki

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
My most recent acquisition, and in many ways the retro road bike I've been searching for for years.

1988 Concorde Squadra PDM team. not sure if it's just a replica or an actual team bike, it does have a number plate tab. Columbus SLX tubing.

Most of these bikes that I've seen are (appropriately enough) Campagnolo equipped. this bike however is wearing 90% of a 7400 Dura-Ace group, which is fine by me as it's about 1st level with M950 XTR on my "favourite-group-ever" scale. All that's missing is the stem, pedals, one crank cap and the front quick-release. it has the fluted seatpost which I personally prefer over the AX aero post.

Wheels are Open 4 CD on 7400 hubs, wearing current Continental tires.

I've really done nothing to it yet other than wipe the dust off, lube the chain and pump the tires, it has a couple of rust spots on the frame, and the fork has some chrome pitting, but other than that it's in geat shape for a 30 year old bike. Only real plans for it are some black leather bar tape and some 7401 SPDs if I can find a set in good order. Rides like a dream, super smooth, nice and light for steel.

IMG_1519_zps2akcixeb.jpg

Re:

Full Campag C Record with Cobalto brakes please!! :D

That's such a nice frame - we used to sell them in the late
80s and the Squadra came complete with the number tag
as standard.

Lovely stuff.

:cool:

Re: Re:

rusty bodie":3c6q5opc said:
Full Campag C Record with Cobalto brakes please!! :D

That's such a nice frame - we used to sell them in the late
80s and the Squadra came complete with the number tag
as standard.

Lovely stuff.

:cool:

Mine had Record Delta on it and was sold by a dales in Glasgow.

Rusty Bodie - what shop did you work in? The Concorde frames were distributed by the guy who sold Ultimate clothing. His name was Douglas Vance if I remember.... He tried to get us to sell them but they were almost £600 back in 1987/88

As it happens I'm trying to get rid of an old PDM windproof jacket to a good home if you want it for the cost of postage (or pickup from SW London)? Size "52" (large).

Lovely bike. It'll no doubt be a fantastic ride!

With internal cable routing and Dura Ace, its probably not a PDM team issue as they were Campag and external routing. Neither of these two things make the slightest difference to how good the bike is.

Enjoy!

Pionir":b3o4ctpr said:
As it happens I'm trying to get rid of an old PDM windproof jacket to a good home if you want it for the cost of postage (or pickup from SW London)? Size "52" (large).

That' very kind! Unfortunately I'm in southern Ontario, Canada! I suspect a 52 would also be like a sail on my skinny frame, really to bad, it would be great to show up at a group ride in some proper kit

jackosbournesnr":b3o4ctpr said:
Lovely bike. It'll no doubt be a fantastic ride!

With internal cable routing and Dura Ace, its probably not a PDM team issue as they were Campag and external routing. Neither of these two things make the slightest difference to how good the bike is.

Enjoy!

I took it on a couple of little 15km rides last week (in the rain :( ) and it really is lovely to ride, very compliant. I suspect it will be my bike of choice for our local midsummer road-and-gravel century.

You will possibly find with concealed cabling it"s a Ciocc built over the counter for Joe Public the team frames all had exposed cabling If you take out the BB spindle /cups see if the BB is pinned If it is that's a different ball game What ever an excellent frame set.

Little Al":2kjauoem said:
You will possibly find with concealed cabling it"s a Ciocc built over the counter for Joe Public the team frames all had exposed cabling If you take out the BB spindle /cups see if the BB is pinned If it is that's a different ball game What ever an excellent frame set.

Bit late to pull it apart tonight, the the BB lug/shell is Cinelli made with "Concorde" cast into the top of the shell on the non-drive side:

7C5BB5E6-036A-4F32-A3C8-6759FD31F8C8_zpsog9mvhct.jpg

06101BE9-7881-4EC2-B052-F1E99F4B41AA_zps0h05yz7x.jpg

Back