PACE RC35, different styles...

Having super-glued ( :oops: ) the loose boss into place, it popped off again when I tightened up the bolt...

Studying it afterward I noted that there's about a millimeter gap between the leg and the boss, so when it's glued/bonded on, there's bound to be some tension on the bond when it's tightened up again...

Any thoughts... I wonder if the crown or stanchions or bridge aren't perfectly true, which has led to a bit of an offset between the parts once assembled?

Still didn't seem to affect my day out up over cut-gate pass, rode like a dream although the elastomers were almost permanently under full compression - time for some new ones methinks, I'm guessing the creamy/orange ones I have are soft, and that medium or hard are the way forward... (a mate's suggested 5 seconds in the microwave can bring them back to life.. ever heard of that?)

The brake mounts were bonded on with a layer of 2part epoxy type glue which may account for the gap; or it may be that the brace is twisted-highly likely if the dropout is loose.

Just had a look at it again, the 1mm gap is only visible at the bottom, i.e. it's touching at the top... and it's not really 1mm, so if straightened up it's more like 0.4mm along the length - probably the thickness of some of that epoxy... do you use a preferred brand - how hot do you bake em at... in the oven?
JP

Back